Shallow well for spraying and washing in South Georgia

FloridaAl

Our hunting land is about 5 or 6 miles west of Waycross. No power (except our generator) or water. I'd like to have water to use for spraying the food plot and rinsing things off. I've seen suggestions for both a driven sand point and a hand auger. Asking for advice and experiences, please.
Anyone have a rough idea how deep I might have to go in this area to get reach water?
Any suggestions or experiences with the two drilling methods I mentioned?
I've never done anything like this, so feel free to tell me what I don't know enough to ask about.
I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Call some local well companies.They can tell you how deep they have to drill to hit good water.

BriarPatch99

I would look into a wash down type well ... something on the order of a nurse tank with a gasoline engine ....can put a pretty deep hole fairly quickly.... that would be if you can connect with someone with that equipment...

crackerdave

You shouldn't have to drill very deep to hit water that will suit your needs in that area.
It might be sulfur water,though.

I jetted a lot of shallow wells with a rig like briarpatch talks about in the Jacksonville Florida area back in the 80's.They were used for lawn sprinkler systems,not for drinking,as the water was usually not drinkable.It saved the customer from having to buy city water to keep their lawns alive.

Last edited:

specialk

You shouldn't have to drill very deep to hit water that will suit your needs in that area.
It might be sulfur water,though.

I jetted a lot of shallow wells with a rig like briarpatch talks about in the Jacksonville Florida area back in the 80's.They were used for lawn sprinkler systems,not for drinking,as the water was usually not drinkable.It saved the customer from having to buy city water to keep their lawns alive.

My mom and stepdad live in orange pk, he used a drill/auger to go about 20 ft down in their subdivision to get water to use on their yard....