Sheds

dtala

found three sheds this morning, I love looking when the woods are wet and the sheds show up good. Two from the mature 130s already mentioned and one from last year, a two year old ten point(5X5).

Pulled Camera 18th, all bucks still have full antlers !!! So far only found old ones I missed last year. First year I have used a game cam. I believe I have been hunting them too early. Will wait till middle of MARCH and see if my luck changes.

Last edited:
Well, more rain this past week, and more on the way. Savannah River crested at 19 Ft. Had 100 yrs of water across my access road. Looks like I'm going to need a boat to go shed hunting!!!

splatek

UAEC
Not only have I not found any sheds, but yesterday I found no less than a half dozen fresh less than week old - rubs! One hemlock was oozing sap, like it was bleeding. I am pretty sure I bumped that buck off the rub, b/c there were some really fresh tracks right there - looked like they were peeling out. I did find a near complete deer carcass up on one high point of a ridge, I am pretty sure it's the highest point on that particular WMA. Real steep drop off with jutting rocks on on side, and fingering out on the other. Thought I'd find some buck bedding, and subsequently some sheds in that area, instead I found both hip bones, both femurs, a handful of ribs, one scapula and arm bone and about 8-9 vertebrae. No head or antlers or anything like that so I was either late to the show or whatever was eating this thing ran/flew away with it. :(
I did think that fresh rubs this late in the game was odd... any thoughts on that? Dawson county.

specialk

been picking up a few in heard co. while rabbit hunting since jan. 1st......

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
There’s a dead buck in the median on 92 in front of James Dupree rd....he is still holding.47D22201-EE73-4E01-80A3-D61C78430F2D.jpeg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Wish I’d have seen it happen.....

ucfireman

Pulled my cams cards today. Most were naked headed on 2-17-2020. 1 small buck still holding 1 side as of 2-24-2020, he had lost the other side as of 2-17-2020, so had 1 side for at east a week.
Found an 8pt left side today. Guess I will look more next week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200227-175202_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200227-175202_Gallery.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited: