Shooting House Issue

SWAMPFOX

I recently inherited a shooting house from a former club member. It's a 4' x 6' plywood structure secured to a metal frame of 1" square tubing. It has a metal roof and sits about 6' off the ground in an open hardwood creek bottom.

It is an echo chamber. The slightest sound seems magnified 10 fold.

I need to quieten it and the only thing I can think of it to just to cover the walls and floor with carpet scraps.

Anybody got an ideas for anything better?

Thanks

Lilly001

I go to big lots and buy a carpet that comes closest to fitting.
Pretty cheap 10-20$.
Burlap on the walls if you really need it.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Carpet on the walls and one of those anti-fatigue mats they make for concrete on the floor helps quiet when you move your feet.

Blackston

I went on a 30-30 ministries hunt and my “ guide” ( fella that owned farm we hunted ) had box stands with spray foam insulation on the inside ( that’s what his company does ) But those things were quiet !!! I built one and was gonna do it but found out it would cost me 600 bucks to one stand ouch!!!

transfixer

Keep in mind whatever you choose to go on the sides/walls, don't leave any space between the materials, or wasps will build a nest behind it ! carpet on the floor works well, and carpet on the wall would as well, just staple it to the existing outside panels so there is no space between them

Eggshell foam stapled to the underside of the floor will deaden the sound as well, and wrapping parts of the steel structure with pipe insulation foam tubes will deaden the sound as well