Skipped GA opener, but scored in KY

Kris87

I only have one GA buck that I really wanted to hunt, and he's a slammer, but not on a good pattern. So figured I'd run up to my KY spots and hunt 2 days. Went to my farm with the most shooters on it and made it happen on day 2 with about 15 minutes of light left. I didn't have high hopes as patterns have changed there quickly, but you at least need to be in the chips to have a shot. I watched him for 80 yards, so I calmed the nerves a bit. Relatively easy 24 yard shot and he was down in 70 or so yards. I heard the lung gurgle so I knew it was over. We have pics and sheds of this buck for years. If he's not 6.5, then we misjudged him years ago. By far the heaviest buck I've killed, north of 270 I'd bet. I've killed a handful between 240-260 and this one was bigger. Great start to the season!!!IMG_20230910_212833~2.jpgIMG_20230910_222047~2.jpgScreenshot_20230911-151419.png

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Nice buck! Congrats!

Deerhead

Wow that's the first pic of a full tobacco barn with leaves drying I have ever seen. Oh yeah great buck Congrats!

slow motion

Congratulations. Beautiful buck.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on a great buck !!!

Jim Boyd

Lethal!!!!!!

Congratulations!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks. Wasn't my idea but it turned out great.
Yeah it turned out great! Woohoo!! Man what a Big ole Buck! Out of velvet too! Congratulations! :cheers:

I worked on a tobacco farm in CT as a youngster (high dollar wrapping leaves) so the hanging tobacco really took me back! Absolutely love it!:clap:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I also remember seeing a band of Bucks up there(CT) at about 100 yards on the edge of an alfalfa field, in velvet! It was the first time I remember actually seeing bucks in the wild…….seems like there were 5 Giants! A trip down memory lane so thanks again!

DynamicDennis

Did you bait that guy in with an ice cream bar or something? He was a fat boy, lemme get that neck meat if you don't want it