Snow turkeys

Slings and Arrows

I'm heading to South Dakota Wednesday and the forecast for this weekend is SNOW:hair: This will be my first time up there - Besides leaving the thermocell at home - any advice for hunting gobblers in the snow??:huh:

Nitro

Banned
I will be in the same boat this weekend in WA....... They got 130" this winter and there is still plenty left.....

My buddy there snow shoed into the meadow to kill his bird....

We plan to not run and gun much. Probably build a blind and sit tight...... walking in snow is loud..

Dudley Do-Wrong

Uhh, maybe take a bed sheet from the hotel (instead of camo):huh:

Kevin Farr

Brrrrrr !!!! It's gonna be chilly.

My buddies and I are leaving Friday for Merriams in southern South Dakota. I just talked to my friend out there today and he said there was a chance of snow on Friday and that is was supposed to be in the mid 20's to around 30 degrees the first couple of mornings. He also said that he was hunting a couple of days ago and that they had snow/sleet/ice and the birds didn't fly off the roost that morning until around 9:30 and then they didn't gobble much. NO wonder, I probably wouldn't be in a hurry to fly down and start running around and screaming either. :)

Anyway, there are a lot of birds there so we will just have to adapt to whatever weather or other situation we run into.

Latest posts