Snuff cans are too easy, let's try golf balls at 100 yds!!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Here's a big surprise, The Boys wanted to do some more shooting this morning...

Today they are using a Savage .22 "Sniper Rifle" with bipod, and squeeze bag. Ammo is Federal Auto Match.

IMG_20230615_102337082.jpg

Little Brother led off with a 4/4 on snuff cans at 100.

Ho, hummm...We had to raise the difficulty a bit so we decided on golf balls...

IMG_20230615_102225554.jpg

I got em on the run, now! :bounce:

Best scores of the day was 5/10 by The Kid, and Little Brother posted a 4/10 for his best.

Aim small, miss small!

I'm about to have to start using "good" bullets with these two, I'm afraid...:LOL:

Dub

Bigtime fun being had there. Ya'll are enjoying the summer.

That's about my speed on golfball use these days. :bounce:

My last golfball action, in fact, was in an open spot where I tossed a couple out and gave 'em a few hops with some 230gr .45 hits that were walked in.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.

My last golfball action, in fact, was in an open spot where I tossed a couple out and gave 'em a few hops with some 230gr .45 hits that were walked in.
Remember ta repair ur divot!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.

Yeah, shooting them is the only use I have for golf balls too...lol

We've bounced em around a lot with iron and red dotted .22 handguns and rifles out to 25 or so, but this is the first time using them at 100...

I'm gonna dig out some CCI Standards, re-zero for dead nutz at 100, and see if their scores improve any....

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
If the kids have any old cd's laying around, set them up and shoot for the center hole.
If they're shooting that good, if the cd doesn't break you know they center shot it.

rosewood

Eggs are the most fun. Instant feedback when you hit it. But alas, the have gotten expensive as of late.

Rosewood

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
just sayin...golf balls are 1.68" in diameter and are better suited for 150 yard targets

:tip:

One in every crowd.... ::ke: :bounce:

Just so ya know, we just snugged up the pic rail, and action screws, installed a better scope and rings, gave the rifle a good cleaning, and dug out a couple bricks of CCI Standards.

I ain't got 150 yards, so I guess I'll start saving Dew bottle caps.....:LOL:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
One in every crowd.... ::ke: :bounce:

Just so ya know, we just snugged up the pic rail, and action screws, installed a better scope and rings, gave the rifle a good cleaning, and dug out a couple bricks of CCI Standards.

I ain't got 150 yards, so I guess I'll start saving Dew bottle caps.....:LOL:
Tack up some scrap pieces of meat and shoot the flies off it. You have to call your shots

bullgator

I don't think I could do it...but I would give it a heck of a try :)
I would be fun!
Kids need to have success to keep their interest up. Make it too hard and they can get frustrated.

I think a GON rimfire competition at the next gathering should be considered.

bighonkinjeep

Charcoal briquets make pretty good reactive targets.
There used to be a black walnut tree at Dekalb Firing range back in the day when Glen Weaver was the rangemaster. I'd pick up a pocket full and line em up on the cross tie in front of the targets at 100 and then let my oldest boy back when he was 11 blow em up with my 30-06. Of course back then i could load a box with premium components for $5.
Thanks RR cause your post brought back some great memories.