Snuff cans are too easy, let's try golf balls at 100 yds!!!

rosewood

Neat thread. My grandfather used to talk about his Dad and how he'd light matchsticks with his single shot 22. I've never tried it but I imagine the margin for error to do this would be tiny.
Mythbusters did that. Took lots of trial and error to get it right. It took the perfect shot.

krizia829

Buy those kids some rimfire tannerite! Such a blast!! Pun Intended ;)

Big7

The Oracle
Here's a big surprise, The Boys wanted to do some more shooting this morning...

Today they are using a Savage .22 "Sniper Rifle" with bipod, and squeeze bag. Ammo is Federal Auto Match.

View attachment 1233252

Little Brother led off with a 4/4 on snuff cans at 100.

Ho, hummm...We had to raise the difficulty a bit so we decided on golf balls...

View attachment 1233253

I got em on the run, now! :bounce:

Best scores of the day was 5/10 by The Kid, and Little Brother posted a 4/10 for his best.

Aim small, miss small!

I'm about to have to start using "good" bullets with these two, I'm afraid...:LOL:
I thought about them "good boolits" for about 5 seconds the other day. That was right after the guy at Franklin's told me they were $16.00 a box.

I thought to myself, I said self: do you REALLY NEED need "minute of Dime" groups at a hundred if you ain't shooting for money?

Self answered real quick. Self said: no, I think we better stick with "minute of Silver Dollar". That's just fine for now. :LOL:

I know them boys are having a BLAST literally.
That's one thing you never grow out of. I'll be 60 if the Lord lets me live until November and I shoot 4 or 5 times a week. It never gets old. I love it about as much as hunting and fishing.