Snuff cans are too easy, let's try golf balls at 100 yds!!!

rosewood

Dub

We used to use Q-tips at 25 yds as kids. Cut em in half and stick in the ground. Something very satisfying about taking the head off a small object with iron sights.

I still want to pick up a dueling tree - that’d be a hoot with two kids and 22s.

Nice work with the kids! I’ll be getting mine out shooting this weekend.
Heck yeah……you’d have a ball with both a dueling tree and a “know your limits” target.

Fun times.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Set up playing cards edgewise and try to cut em in half with a bullet. Put an egg on each side of the edge of an ax and try to bust both eggs with one bullet cut on the ax edge.

rosewood

Set up playing cards edgewise and try to cut em in half with a bullet. Put an egg on each side of the edge of an ax and try to bust both eggs with one bullet cut on the ax edge.
Shooting at cards on edge, I am using a .458 boolit. :)

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Well, it's become clear that my Grands have improved their shooting enough that the gun, scope, and ammo matters...

The little Savage had cheapo single screw rings, and a takeoff Bushnell from some combo deal...We have been shooting mostly Thunderbolts, and Federal Auto Match ammo.

We installed a set of Weaver rings, and an older but nicer Phillipino Simmons 3-10x44.

We also changed the ammo to CCI Standards, and re-sighted at 100 yards.

Today, they were given five shots per round, still shooting golf balls.

Yesterday, the average for the pair of them was about 35-40%, and today scores improved to 60-65%.

I put up the only 5/5 to finish the session, and I don't mind admitting that those two little heathens had the pressure on Ol' Papa!! :bounce:

Minner

Neat thread. My grandfather used to talk about his Dad and how he'd light matchsticks with his single shot 22. I've never tried it but I imagine the margin for error to do this would be tiny.

sbroadwell

Neat thread. My grandfather used to talk about his Dad and how he'd light matchsticks with his single shot 22. I've never tried it but I imagine the margin for error to do this would be tiny.
My dad would talk about doing that. Be hard to do these days. You can’t hardly find strike anywhere matches.

Jim Boyd

Sweetness!!!