Solar farms on the rise? Fad or future?

rstallings1979

We had an outfit reach out to us about putting a solar “farm” on our place in GA. We do some timber production and lease some to a local dairy for grazing pasture now but we do it in a way that keeps habitat as a priority. I can tell you with what they offered us per acre, if a landowner is just unit for $ it will be going solar. I’d say there is a good chance we will be seeing a lot more of it.
Mine and your tax dollars (assuming you pay taxes) are funding this craze and probably helping in keeping inflation high.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Listen yall just dont get it. We need acres of solar power to power the labs where they will grow the meat to feed you because farming uses to many resources.
Don't forget the automated bug farms from that German pallet and warehouse automation company Dematic.

I hate them even more now.

They have big bug plans to feed the whole world their warehouse farmed bugs whether you like it or not.

Eta - don't forget, kids, you are already paying for these solar and bug farms with your taxes and the big tax breaks these companies get.

ucfireman

Its the future as long as the govt keeps throwing money at them, then they will slowly fade out and be an eyesore for years to come and eventually be turned into apts or something else.
I don't think they will ever go back to farm or timber land unless the govt decides to throw money at that.

LonePine

The EPA will be releasing a new rule next week that will mandate 2/3 new vehicles to be electric in just 8 years. All that power has to come from somewhere and solar farms will continue to be added/expanded all funded with .GOV subsidies. This will reduce availability in the already limited hunting land, clubs, and farmland and turn them into wastelands all in the name of "progress"

LonePine

1000+ acre solar farm in Texas taken out by a hailstorm on Sunday. The damaged panels are leaking cadmium telluride and now it’s a useless hazardous waste dump. Just shows how fragile and worthless these farms are

Attachments

• IMG_6568.jpeg
    IMG_6568.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6569.jpeg
    IMG_6569.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6570.png
    IMG_6570.png
    509.8 KB · Views: 38

ddd-shooter

1000+ acre solar farm in Texas taken out by a hailstorm on Sunday. The damaged panels are leaking cadmium telluride and now it’s a useless hazardous waste dump. Just shows how fragile and worthless these farms are
Never would have thought by listening to our mainstream media that solar farms have any downside at all. I’m shocked.

Sarcasm

BeerThirty

The idjits put these in all over up north too, where it snows, and covers them with snow, and are rendered ineffective for several months when covered in snow.