Solutions

Wilcox

Okay guys, I'm with most of you in being pretty upset with the complete and total lack of honesty with our leaders in Washington right now with regards to the gun control debate they've been pretending to have. I've only ever used my guns for hunting, target shooting, etc. and I have them available to defend from criminals or tyrants as well...like pretty much everybody else here.

Also, I haven't seen a politician yet lay out these facts in clear language:
1) Most murders in this country are done using handguns and generally involve ANOTHER form of crime(drugs, theft, etc.)
2) Most mass killings(including Aurora, Sandy Hook and Fort Hood) involved people who were mentally ill and had no business having a gun in the first place.

I have no issues w/ universal background checks as long as they don't involve creating a national database of gun owners. You could deal with it just like you do when ordering a gun online and having it shipped to your FFL dealer, and given where mobile technology is today, this should be pretty easy to handle at gun shows as well.

I also agree that checking mental health of buyers must be at the top of the list...not to mention holding mental health professionals accountable when they fail to report an issue.

Schools need to be equipped with ballistic glass/locks that would require significant time to penetrate(kind of like a fire-proof door or wall system) and have the option of having trained guards or staff who are armed on site. If you can slow down the criminal enough to get cops there, I'm okay with that, but we may as well accept that other psychos out there will try something similar and be ready to stop it. Yes, that will cost money meaning taxes, but guess what...I'm okay with it and it could be handled as a SPLOST, so a sales tax for a specific time to cover the costs of the upgrades.

Finally, the fact that existing laws aren't being enforced is one of the biggest problems in our country as it is. It's the reason we've got so many criminals who should be behind bars walking the streets - heck, not enforcing current laws is the ENTIRE REASON for the financial crisis that we've been going through for the past 4 years, so I'm sure I'm not the only one here who finds it the height of hypocrisy that our Prez says he wants to enforce gun laws when he's actively blocking other laws from being enforced(immigration to name one)...but that's just me.

So all that being said, what are your suggestions on things that can be done that will:
A)Actually help prevent more Sandy Hook incidents
B)Not involve restricting or confiscating firearms from law abiding citizens.

mtr3333

Banned
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

SGADawg

I don't have much time, but I will address 2 of your points.

1. The effort is to gain political points, not get the problem solved. Military-looking firearms would be the last weapons they went after if they were honestly trying to stop gun violence. Smoke and mirrors.

2. School security: the high school I taught at up until I retired had 81 exits, I counted them myself. You, who probably knows no one at that school could walk up to any one of them today, knock and some student (and maybe even a teacher) would open it for you. Fire regulations prevent them from being locked and not openable from the inside.

fishtail

I got to come back to the usual unanswered question.
Why do the legal, law abiding citizens need more firearm regulations?
Answer is obvious and ignored.
The criminals are not regulated!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

I'm down wit dat, especially the "shall not be infringed" part. ^

swamp hunter

At least the Prez got on the Movie and Video Game folks bout making Grand Theft Auto , and Cop Killer Games for Kids.
That is a Big Problem that He made sure Hollywood had to stop......
He did do that didn't He ??
See it's called a Comprehesive Approach , just like He promised

llhines3

I am a honest and pround member of the georgia malitia I love my country and would protect it especially georgia with evryounce of my being.

2redheads

To answer your question:
1. NOTHING can be done with laws to stop people who are COOCKOO FOR Cocoa Puffs from going into schools, movie theatres, etc and shooting them up. It takes responsible familes, churches and local facilities that can help these people.
2. Get rid of the city folks and liberals! They do not understand what will happen one day when all of this technology gets attacked and they can't exist.

Bottom line for me is that the gun regulation Obama is trying to put into law will do nothing to stop violence.

It goes WAY deeper than guns! They need to get to the root of the problem.

Mark K

Banned
If I want to kill someone or many someones, taking an AR away isn't going to stop me. Taking high capacity magazines isn't going to stop me. My wife doesn't like semi-auto pistols so she carries two revolvers in her purse!! The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun!!!

HucK Finn

I was trying to find the part about deer hunting? Did I miss it?

Lukikus2

At least the Prez got on the Movie and Video Game folks bout making Grand Theft Auto , and Cop Killer Games for Kids.
That is a Big Problem that He made sure Hollywood had to stop......
He did do that didn't He ??
See it's called a Comprehesive Approach , just like He promised

Yep. He sure did.

No. Wait.

He forgot about that part. Just plum forgot! :crazy:

280bst

The life long dream of progessive's is to disarm there subjects. It's all about control & enslavement to the Goverment. The 2nd was'nt created so we can protect us from criminals but to protect ourselves from a over reaching Gov't. Of course criminals & goverment are inter-changeable. Oh the 2nd has nothing to do with hunting. One more thought I went to Academy & Clyde's Armory today they both were 80% bare walls I bet the eliteist in sitting in their thrones can take that hint. :flag:

Lukikus2

I bet the eliteist in sitting in their thrones can take that hint. :flag:

Probably. There is probably a study going on right now by the EPA that is costing millions of dollars to determine if it's actually burnt gunpowder that is causing global warming and not vehicle emissions or third world countries buying our enviromental points.

Maybe he just missed the "memo" on the Hollywood stuff because he was buried so deep in his blackberry. ::ke:

You know? The selling point of his electorialship...."I'll have my Blackberry on me at all times and know exactly what America wants".

He hasn't texted me. :huh:

Last edited:

toolmkr20

I was trying to find the part about deer hunting? Did I miss it?

Yes you did, its was in another thread. If you don't like this one move along to one that suits your fancy, there are many to choose from. Why comment on a thread just to be a troll?

HucK Finn

Yes you did, its was in another thread. If you don't like this one move along to one that suits your fancy, there are many to choose from. Why comment on a thread just to be a troll?

ummm... Mr"Tool" :bounce: ...... I think I will stay around here and talk about deer hunting, since that is the topic of this forum.

and for the record I will comment on anything that I wish (within the rules set forth) if you do not like my comments maybe you should take your own advise and quote one that "suits your fancy" (By the way 1930 called and they want their saying back)

Last edited:

toolmkr20

ummm... Mr"Tool" :bounce: ...... I think I will stay around here and talk about deer hunting, since that is the topic of this forum.

and for the record I will comment on anything that I wish (within the rules set forth) if you do not like my comments maybe you should take your own advise and quote one that "suits your fancy" (By the way 1930 called and they want their saying back)

Really brother, thats the best you can come up with? Grow up i'm not the one trolling threads just because I don't like the topic. You asked a stupid question and hey I answered it for you. I'm sorry you got your sensitive feelings hurt but you shouldn't ask a question if you can't handle the answer.

Attachments

• you-mad-bro_wwwkepfeltolteshu_.jpg
    you-mad-bro_wwwkepfeltolteshu_.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 311

HucK Finn

Really brother, thats the best you can come up with? Grow up i'm not the one trolling threads just because I don't like the topic. You asked a stupid question and hey I answered it for you. I'm sorry you got your sensitive feelings hurt but you shouldn't ask a question if you can't handle the answer.

"Tool":bounce: (the name is very fitting)..... Im not trolling for anything, trolling would be to disagree with the OP just for the sake of argument.

I have no problem with the topic, just pointing out it was in the wrong place, you seem to have gotten your feelings hurt.

Feel free to place me on your ignore list.

"Tool" ...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

toolmkr20

"Tool":bounce: (the name is very fitting)..... Im not trolling for anything, trolling would be to disagree with the OP just for the sake of argument.

I have no problem with the topic, just pointing out it was in the wrong place, you seem to have gotten your feelings hurt.

Feel free to place me on your ignore list.

"Tool" ...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL, you thinking this thread doesn't belong in this forum section and making fun of my name on here just proves how ignorant you are and is absolutely comical. I bet you have an IQ score below 70. Do you even know what a Tool Maker is, never mind why bother asking. Trust me you'll be added shortly.