Some help in the Flint

RamblinWreck

I went Wednesday with Allen Ragsdale from the Bluff to 36, because it was "go now or wait". I ain't good at waiting, no. We got rained on off an on all day, but managed to catch a few. It poured all the way home and all night, and the river is up four feet and 1400 CFS faster today.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Dang, I hate it for him, traveling this far with sky high hopes and finding a flooded South. I hope he can find something to fish for some where. May not be any where near what he's looking for, but he can fish my pond if the wants to.

leoparddog

I do hope you get some fishing in on the flint during your visit. I just checked today and the Flint is high. I look at the gauge near Molena GA to gauge the float from Sprewel to Flint River Outdoors. 5 to 7.5 on that gauge is about right for good fishing. Today was 18! The rain has stopped for a few days and the river levels should start dropping soon.

Maybe one of our fine members can put you on some other water if you decide to pass on the Flint.

Best of luck to you on your visit.

Alcaraz

Thank you all for your feedback
It’s being really wet! And yes, the river is too high!
Luckily, I have some of you helping me and planning a trip and some options if river runs too high!
It’s really a pitty! I really want to fish the Flint!
If nothing goes, I would check for some bank fishing in a lake... I have loaded my luggage with a lot of fishing tackle and I am decided to use it! Ahahah!

Last edited:

Alcaraz

And thank you Batjack for the offer!
I’ll try to do some river fishing but Is this pond one of the famous Georgia lunker farmponds? Ahahah!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Not one of the "Famous" ones, but there's a hawg or two in there.

leoparddog

The Molena gauge is back down to 8 already. The discharge looks to be fast at 1240 but it may be fishable if you are brave

Alcaraz

Thank you, leoparddog!!!
I don’t know if I am brave, but I am not in my country, so... security first!!! Ahahah!
But I am planning something with the help of some forum members.
Thank you all, really good people in Georgia.