Sometimes its just a pleasure

coolerman

I no you are supposed to never brag on a dog but yesterday I was proud of my old Joe dog .We were at a new spot with the landowners present and he decided to show off a little ,almost acting like a young dog instead of an over the hill washed up cull caught 5 hogs yesterday all together . Granted he wasnt on all of them but was on the ground goin the other way on his own . I had the luxury of havin a garmin on him yesterday ( I still hunt a beep beep)and he got out 650 yrds on the first one and caught out , The second on was a little farther at 700 yrds and caught out , and the third he went on a nature hike at 900 and was baying when we turned the four wheelers off but caught out before we got there , I though for sure we were gonna get to use the bulldog in front of the landowners but when i heard Joe not barking and the hog grunting I just tied the bulldog . I alwalys tell Joe how sorry he is and how the next person he see's might be his next owner , But yesterday I was proud my name was on his collar .

coolerman

joe.jpg
this was taken a few years ago at a pay to hunt pen in late April . We took a bunch up there and rented the pen and tuned the dogs up just before turkey season went out

Last edited:

coolerman

thanks felles the last one one we caught i had to swim a creek to get to him .I knew he was caught out but didnt want to leave him there too long . Its been a while since we were in hogs that were thick like that , we are usually lucky to catch one much less 5 . I guess he figured he had better get at it while the pickings was easy

coolerman

I appreciate it SGA thats the one we talked about a while back , he just an old cull . I think he pays the referee's off haha

PURVIS

looks like u got a rope holding old joe up in that first photo.lol.does sound like u guys tryed to put on a clinic bet u all signed autographs with u and joes photos.lol.u might as well break down and get u a garmon with some of your tax refund.wish i could give u all a hard time in person but this is pretty fun.keep putting meat in there mouth.

coolerman

tenfo the landowners actually work for the company I worked for in high school and they do the maintanence on all my service trucks . I kinda know 'em and had to just about beg em to take us up there but I tell you them boys had a ball . We tied them hogs and put em in their ranger and everytime one would walk buy he 'd jump and say "I forgot they was alive " . Im pretty sure we will get an invite back and probably get another spot or 2 to hunt out of it . Them ol boys had a blast and so did we . My hunting partner Tieemup has a pup that did real good ,I was really impreesed with him ,that little joker slipped off by hisself and caught a pig like he been doin for 20 yrs . It was a good day to hunt , in a good spot , nice weather , great people , lots of hogs , and some medium at best hog dogs but I guess they get lucky sometimes

j_seph

Nice looking dog coolerman. I can relate to the walk by a tied up hog that's still alive and jumping rofl