Spartan external power source

ssramage

Anyone ever built an external battery box/solar set up for a Spartan GoCam? Gas and batteries are too expensive to have to keep changing them every few weeks.

rosewood

Anyone ever built an external battery box/solar set up for a Spartan GoCam? Gas and batteries are too expensive to have to keep changing them every few weeks.
I built a 12V one for my Tactacams. Here is the write up for one of them.
https://forum.gon.com/threads/solar-power-battery-build.977774/

The UB1250 batteries are less than $15 from Home Depot with free shipping now, so you can order the battery box and battery both from them.

I do recommend adding some sort of insect repellent in the box to keep the ants from making it a home. They really like the dry box. Off spray seems to work pretty well.

Rosewood

Davexx1

I too use the Spartan Go Cams (6-volt systems) and use the lithium batteries (12 at $24) in those. The lithium batteries are good for about 1200 - 1400 day/night pictures before exhausting. I am wondering about how long would a single fully charged 6 volt/12ah external (non-solar equipped) battery last compared to the lithium's?

The 6v/12ah batteries are not very expensive and would be no problem changing them out every once in a while. I like the self-contained camera battery compartment, ease of use, external battery box and cable not needed, etc., but the cost of lithium's has become very high and you have little or no warning when the lithium's are about to go dead.

Thanks, Dave