Starting my last week.

Triple C

59 here and still can't make more than $1350.00 until I'm 62. (I think, don't quote me on that)

You can make a lot doing cash jobs if you are healthy enough to do that kind of work. I can work, but me and outside heat don't jive well. I've always worked inside, not always air conditioned but better than being in direct sun. Plus, that was when I was real young. The last thirty something years were either heated and air conditioned plants, most of that being in the engineering offices.

If you do under the table, make it green money only. No checks. No money orders, pay pal or cashapp.. Just Benjamins. No paper or electronic trail.
Headed toward a derail here, but at 59, unless you're on some type of disability, you're not old enough for social security. What would 'mess you up' by making more than $1,350 a month?

Jim Boyd

I will start my last week working for the man tomorrow.
Never hunted every day before but I'ma see how I like it. ! ::ke:

Giant congratulations!!!!!

I got 16 more months to go.

I feel a little nervous about retiring. Been working since I was in 6th grade and I will be 68 when I go.

We will see!!!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

I feel a little nervous about retiring. Been working since I was in 6th grade and I will be 68 when I go.

We will see!!!

From what I gather all of us were nervous about retirement. It’s the unknown.
As you say you have always worked. We humans instinctively fear the unknown

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Congratulations brother :rockon:

I’ve got 5-10 more to go.…… PUBLIC LAND & LAKES are much more desirable during the week, I can vouch for that!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member

We will see!!!
I'm a little nervous about it too. :oops:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I got retired against my will in '20 thanks to the Covid lie. Some days retirement is just grand. Other days I'm bored to tears. I too went back to part time employment.

slow motion

Afraid I'm with @bilgerat. I'm 59 and will slow down but full retirement will probably elude me.

Jim Boyd

From what I gather all of us were nervous about retirement. It’s the unknown.
As you say you have always worked. We humans instinctively fear the unknown

I don’t feel like it is the unknown that worries me.

It is the loss of paycheck.

It is the loss of the people.

It is the loss of the ritual - 5 on and then 2 off.

I like going to work, earlier than most - drinking coffee #1 as I drive.

It is the loss of travel as I visit our shops.

To a certain degree, it is the loss of learning new technologies as we upgrade our fleet.

Again to me, it does not FEEL like the unknown that troubles me - it is the loss of the KNOWN.

Maybe…………