Stupid draw length question……

BBQOutdoors77

I’ve got an old Mathews DXT that’s a 1/2” too long for me. The draw length is 27.5 and I need it to be 27.

Anyway what’s the easiest/cheapest way to shorten it up? Should I change the cam, different release, D loop, etc…?

Any advice would be appreciated. Also, what would it cost to have a cam replaced on average?

ddd-shooter

I’ve got an old Mathews DXT that’s a 1/2” too long for me. The draw length is 27.5 and I need it to be 27.

Anyway what’s the easiest/cheapest way to shorten it up? Should I change the cam, different release, D loop, etc…?

Any advice would be appreciated. Also, what would it cost to have a cam replaced on average?
Cam replace is the only option for bow from that time. Go to a Mathew’s dealer, order one and cross your fingers.
I’d guess 150 for the cam and install. Maybe more. That’s the option I would choose if I wanted to keep my dxt.

You could do other things. If the d loop was really long, you might gain a little there. Probably not 1/2”. Don’t recommend twisting strings and cables that far to try to gain that much.
You could look for cams on archerytalk.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Oddball here.
Not enough info to make a suggestion.
Anchor point.
1/2" can be a lot or nothing.
Long D loop and a back jaw anchor can be corrected with practice.
If it it's long with a corner of the mouth anchor, will take a mechanical change.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I think mathews is still really behind the times having to swap cams or cam mods to change draw length on today's bows. You try to sell somebody a 2 yr old bow and they are probably gonna have a hard time finding a mod to change draw length.

James12

I think mathews is still really behind the times having to swap cams or cam mods to change draw length on today's bows. You try to sell somebody a 2 yr old bow and they are probably gonna have a hard time finding a mod to change draw length.

Probably the one downside I suppose. Sure love my VXR and V3. Don’t plan on selling them so should be ok. My boy is going to be longer though so he may need new mods if he’ll shoot them one day.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Probably the one downside I suppose. Sure love my VXR and V3. Don’t plan on selling them so should be ok. My boy is going to be longer though so he may need new mods if he’ll shoot them one day.
Not downing the company at all.

ddd-shooter

I shoot Mathews and agree. The bows are probably a hair more efficient this way.
One thing you can say about Mathews-you can buy nearly every replacement part for any bow that they made for a loooong time.