Suzuki Eiger 400 ATV

Mario7979

In 2002 I purchased a automatic new, then 6 months later I purchased a 2002 5 speed with 50 miles on it.... I never had any problems with either....Always did oil change and new spark plugs.... Then in 2021 I started having problems keeping them cranked even used seafoam since I purchased them.... Last season I could not crank them.... Did not get to hunt because I a disable and could not walk the distant to the platform stand and my youngest brother passed away who always went hunting with me just in case something happened.... The reason I am making this post is I turned them into Rome Suzuki to have them fixed.... Come to find out water had collected in the bottom of the gas tank and had build up thru the years.... When I got them back they cranked with no problems.... The Suzuki shop did a gas line flush and took off the gas tank to clean it out.... Just to let everyone know if you have older 4 wheelers keep an eye out for build up of water in the bottom of the gas tank....

Last edited:

slow motion

Good luck Mario. Ethanol causes a few problems. Glad you worked through it. Good luck this year.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
There is a drain tube on a carburetor. I let sone drain into a clear bottle to check for water. U can do the same on a tank. Take loose from carb with gas off then turn to reserve.