Tag Soup

kayaksteve

I’m eating too. It was a tough year for me. I had a couple opportunities on decent bucks but I passed on them. Still had some good hunts and a lot of fun. I know atleast a couple I passed on survived for next year so that takes away some of the sting.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Extra bow tag, gun tag, and BP tag...$56 dollars, did get 4 deer, 2 bucks, 2 does...bring on the Mountaineer heritage season

crucible02

One doe for me… back to back seasons without a buck after going a decade straight with at least one. Weird couple years for me.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
In on the tag soup. I had a chance at a 2 Y/O basket 8 that I passed on. Now I'm thinking I should have popped him. 4 lbs of ground and a few steaks left and the freezer will have no venison in it for the first time in forever.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Tag soup for me as well.

But then I didn't hunt a single day due to shoulder injury/surgery/recovery

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
In on the tag soup. I had a chance at a 2 Y/O basket 8 that I passed on. Now I'm thinking I should have popped him. 4 lbs of ground and a few steaks left and the freezer will have no venison in it for the first time in forever.
Well, it's good you know someone with a few freezers and don't mind sharing... ;)

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
First time in 8 years that I've had to eat tag soup. I only hunt public land and have managed to kill a decent buck every year except this one. Who else ate some this year.
The best time to hunt public land is right after the season. Game Wardens are taking a break!

psedna

UAEC
Several encounters for me and my 16 year old grandson who joined me as bow only this year. He did shoot two does, missed two medium 8 pointers. I came closest this past saturday am in deep sw ga with a 200 lb plus buck with mass came up behind me at twenty yards, went downhill form there. Sa prob 8 nice bucks, grandson had an absolute monster at 35 yards but could not get a clean shot.

Bowhunting mature bucks is tough even on good property, but it is a super challenge and very addictive to say the least!

Still a great season, at my age every season is a great season...

Jim Boyd

SC was fine but I et me some Illinois tag soup.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Not me, had a great season. 1 buck and two does, youngest son shot a buck and doe. Oldest had tag soup though. I could have tagged out easily, but five a year is our number. Great season for us.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I got a few does. I ate tag soup last year.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
No Ga bucks for me, but I’m not quite done just yet.

hawkeye123

1 buck no does, 1st year in several that I did'nt shoot a doe, got 2 properties with too many does on em, got dang cough for all of Dec 1st of Jan when we usually thin a couple, had a chance last day of year , rookie mistake, freezer not as full as I would like but got several buddies that shot 3 + be trading some crappie filets for venison soon I'm sure

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I've turned into a deer watcher.

Holding out for the one you want definitely has a down side to it. I had 3 nice 8's I was focused on but they never came out of their nocturnal mode. At least not in front of me or any of my cameras.