112.8 KB · Views: 98
  • HPIM0726.jpg
    HPIM0726.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 95
  • HPIM0727.jpg
    HPIM0727.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 97

GA DAWG

The latest scores are up and looks like we are in the top 4 guys!! Still A LOT of turkey season left..We have a great chance at this thing!!!!!!!!:shoot::shoot:

GA DAWG

And just according to the team scores right now..We are the only team listed that every member has killed a bird..

Todd E

Nice bird, Dog Hunter.

As long as I get three yards done tomorrow, I'll hit it Saturday with high hopes of adding to the tally.

Jaker

Banned
Nice bird Dog Hunter!!

Hope yall are having better luck than I am, It was on fire gobbling last week, and I havent heard hardly any in 3 days. I'll be going in the morning, hopefully it will be worth the hour drive. good luck to yall

Dog Hunter

Missed another one saturday morning. Ticked me off. Bad thing about going from hunting thick woods to pasture land. Giving them another shot in the morning. Sure would like one of the high points bird.

Jaker

Banned
right there with you dog hunter, I have been 4 days in a row now, and it has been pathetic, heard one bird gobblin this morning, he gobbled once and that was it. Well, I set up in a sage field, and went an built me a nice blind, cuz its a good spot to hangout and call if they aren't gobblin. Well a friend and I were sittin there, well hidden, and we had been there about 45minutes with no response except for calling up a hen. Well I decide i'm gonna take a nap. I curled up on the ground and he decides to do the same thing. Hes over there playing games onhis phone and I decide to peak out over the field, well wat do you know, 2 longbeards at 30 yards makin their way towards us, well i start easing my gun up, but its really awkward because I am still laying on my side propped up on my elbow. They are at about 20 now, and my buddy had his gun in his hands but had no way to get up to shoot, so I told him I was gonna shoot one and then for him to pop up and try the other. Well at 15yards they started acting finicky so I went ahead and shot one through some brush. Aparently in the position I was in, I did not have the gun lined up, because I hit him in the body, well I rolled him, feathers went everywhere, and the other bird takes to the air, and my buddy hits nothing but limbs above our heads. At this point mine hops up and decides to run right past us at 10 yards, I bead down on it, and click the gun had jammed. My bud tries to shoot it, and click, his gun had jammed. It was an older gun and the 3" shells were a little to long and didn't quite come out. So, I hop up and take off after it, and it is moving slow. I caught up to it at the edge of the field and it is about 30 yards away. While I was running I unjammed my gun, and right before it gets in the woods I throw my gun up and put the bead on it. Click. I had Somehow not chambered another shell when I was running. So I proceed to chase it about 50 yards through the woods and then lost it. At this point I was sick. We found a little blood and spent about an hour looking for the bird, but he ran into a real thick section and we could not find him. I had never shot or shot at a bird before and not killed it. Its an awful feeling. Right now my season has been awful. Worst luck ever. Either myself or the person I was calling for should have killed a total of 5-6 birds so far(depending on whether you count today as 1 or 2), and out of that, only 2 have been killed. I will be back at it, everyday next week, and possibly sunday if I'm feeling up to it.

GA DAWG

Yall aint quit have ya? I'll be back after them in the morning..It should be good up here..Dogwoods in bloom and they are gobblin at dusk now! Its time to kill I hope..

Todd E

Quit.......nope.

49 hrs week FT job and every time I turn around, someone wants a yard cut from my PT lawn biz. Good to have that in a downturned economy, but it sure does hamper me gettin' in the woods. Would still like to hook up with you sometime, if you would let me tag along. Next weekday off is like May 7th. Other than that, it would have to be a Saturday.

Jaker

Banned
nope, aint quit, I dropped my early class, so I have gone every weekday the last two weeks, just gotta get closure, they havent really been gobblin good for me, although I had one gobble over a hundred times tuesday and then hang up at 60yards.

GA DAWG

Today was the worst day this season! Barometric pressure was to high. I will be back after em in the morning. Todd pm me ur number. I dont have it. We will hit them maybe next saturday if you want. I will find us one to hunt!

Todd E

:clap:

It's Friday and work is done.
Will give them a go in the am.

GA DAWG,
Sent PM with number.

**BTW**

Do ya'll keep up with the mistakes made with pics?
Keep in mind this is just a fun contest and I aint complainin.
I noticed a team 30 member who killed a nice multi bearded bird and posted his kill. The pics were not per rules and it was after an hour allowed edit time. I noticed the post got edited days later with proper pics. Curious to see if bird gets points awarded or not. In their team thread.......there is talk about their "current points". :pop: I have always only read our team thread, until I saw those pics and started doing a lil searchin.

Last edited:

GA DAWG

:clap:

It's Friday and work is done.
Will give them a go in the am.

GA DAWG,
Sent PM with number.

**BTW**

Do ya'll keep up with the mistakes made with pics?
Keep in mind this is just a fun contest and I aint complainin.
I noticed a team 30 member who killed a nice multi bearded bird and posted his kill. The pics were not per rules and it was after an hour allowed edit time. I noticed the post got edited days later with proper pics. Curious to see if bird gets points awarded or not. In their team thread.......there is talk about their "current points". :pop: I have always only read our team thread, until I saw those pics and started doing a lil searchin.
We are for sure not out of it yet guys!!! Still a lot more turkey season left..I've been hunting one dang turkey pretty hard..I'm hoping hes gonna be extra points when I kill him:bounce: Set my camera up on him yesterday so I can get a look at him hopefully..Todd I hope I can find us one to go after..I'm sure I can!!! I'll give you a call about thursday and we can decide..The best hunting up here has still not arrived..They still hush just after fly down but have heard a couple fire back up at 9am or so..I have not paid any attention to the other threads either..

Jaker

Banned
We are for sure not out of it yet guys!!! Still a lot more turkey season left..I've been hunting one dang turkey pretty hard..I'm hoping hes gonna be extra points when I kill him:bounce: Set my camera up on him yesterday so I can get a look at him hopefully..Todd I hope I can find us one to go after..I'm sure I can!!! I'll give you a call about thursday and we can decide..The best hunting up here has still not arrived..They still hush just after fly down but have heard a couple fire back up at 9am or so..I have not paid any attention to the other threads either..

very true, there is a lot of season left, and they are still quiet on the ground down here. I had one this morning that gobbled to my hoot, then about 10 more times, I watched him fly down and walk away without another sound. But he was a public land bird. In the last week I have hunted 6 days and only had 1 bird gobble good off the ground. Hopefully I can change all this in the a.m.

Dog Hunter

Went Saturday morning knowing I didn't have long. Had to be back home for the wife to attend somethings and kept the kids. Anyway, got one good and hot at 7:10, worked him hard for an hour (probably gobbled a 100 times, which is very unusual for this place) Had to haul tail to get back home so I easied out with him still gobbling. Hoped Sunday morning he would still be in the area and ready to rumble. Not a peep. Not even a courtesy gobble for the previous morning. Oh well, that is what makes it fun. I hated having to leave that bird. I really think he was killable with time.