Team 11 " SuthernStrutters"

Jaker

Banned
Called in a gobbler this morning, had him at 45 yards, it was an iffy shot, so I let it go since he was coming to us, he got to 30 yards and hung up in a draw behind some thick stuff, and then circled to my buddies side of the tree. He could have shot him at about 40yards but it was a small window and he couldn't get a bead on him fast enough.

GA DAWG

I got number 2 this morning..Perfect hunt..I didnt even have to chase this one all around the country:biggrin2: Pics will be up here in a while..

GA DAWG

Heres the pics..Almost got us a couple extra points on beard 10 7/8":banginghe

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 116

Jaker

Banned
Congrats GA DAWG, that puts us at 45 pts.

I got # 2 as well this morning, should have had # 3, but he wouldn't come any closer and was in a field, turned out to be 50 yards, but I thought it was in the 60's, should have waylayed him.

Jaker

Banned
026.jpg

024.jpg

028.jpg

GA DAWG

Congrats Jaker...I guess I'll have to be picky now..Gonna go after the smartest ol gobbler I can find..Hope he has a 11" beard and some big ol spurs..We need them bonus points..:D

Jaker

Banned
Congrats Jaker...I guess I'll have to be picky now..Gonna go after the smartest ol gobbler I can find..Hope he has a 11" beard and some big ol spurs..We need them bonus points..:D

Ya, I killed this one right off the roost, 10 minutes after daylight, had 3 in full strut, but had several hens within 10 yards of me, so i just shot the first one i could, but after that I tied him up in a tree and got on another bird while he was still on roost. Had him fly down and work like crazy out in a field, but thought it was further than it was, so i didn't shoot. He had an absolute rope.

Dog Hunter

Me and the five year old are going to tomorrow afternoon and then Saturday morning. Don't know how that will go, but he is wanting to go, so it doesn't matter if a bird is killed or not.

Jaker

Banned
What stage do yall think they are in right now? I'm kind of nervous because I have seen some birds still with hens and some by themselves, but they still aren't at that perfect time for me, unless somehow I have managed to miss it.

Jaker

Banned
We aint done yet boys, got this one this morning. 10" beard, 1&1/8" spurs. Thought he would go for extra points but he barely missed it on the spurs, I'm gonna wait a few days to enter him and see if i can't kill a bonus bird, cuz i still have 1 more that I can kill in ga.

021.jpg

017.jpg

Last edited:

GA DAWG

Congrats Buddy!!!!!! I'm not done yet..I've went the last 2 mornings and its been the worst 2 mornings all season..Gotta be the cool weather..I got 7 more days I can hunt..I'll be giving it everything.Gotta get my limit:banana:

Jaker

Banned
thanks man, and ya, this week has been awful, I haven't heard a bird gobble since monday, but I'm pretty sure its the weather. It should get good before its over

GA DAWG

Jaker you still after them this week? They have hushed up here..I'll still be after them come thursday again..Maybe it will pick up..Good luck to everybody this weekend..We still aint out:biggrin2: