Team 3 "Everlasting Gobblestoppers"!!!!!

threadfin-nole

Threadfin-nole here..Where are my other team members?
I'm in the columbus area..how about you?

Last edited:

deersled

I am here. You'll have to bear with me... I'm having a little trouble with my computer. Lets bust some heads!!!!!

BoShank

I am here!!! I will be hunting in Murray County and Taylor County. Heard a few here in Murray but there are always several birds in Taylor. Good luck all.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Mattech here, hunting in lamar,monroe and meriwether counties.

Have we thought of a name yet.

Heres one.. The everlasting gobble stoppers ?

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Good luck guys, I am stuck in texas til next friday then I will be at 'em full swing, Man its killin me missing opening weekend, so make me proud.

threadfin-nole

no luck this morning but I did get on one and heard a few..they are there just gotta close the gap. Hope you guys had better luck than me.

deersled

same here. the birds are there, my setup wasn't. maybe tomorrow.

BoShank

Saturday Morn got within 70 yards of one. He never would gobble at my calls or any crows only owls. He gobbled 15 to 20 times. As I was leaving I hooted and he gobbled again so I let him be till he is ready later on. I think it is still pretty early up here. I will be in Taylor County from Wed till Sunday so I should have really good chance to get one. Good luck

deersled

sorry guys. Had my chance this morning and BLEW IT!!!! Clean miss at 20 yds:banginghe. Did not think it was possible. :cry: Never missed one before. No excuses....just plain old "CHOKE":hair:

threadfin-nole

Passed on a short beard this morning. Had 2 others that wouldn't close the distance. One was over my right shoulder the other was 70 yds out. Will be back in the morning to try e'm again.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
no worries guys, I know ya'll will get it done.

BoShank

I will be headed out tomorrow at lunch for Taylor County. Probably staying till Sunday so I should have plenty of chances for a bird. On the down side for the challenge I am taking a friend that has never hunted turks. I will have to let him get the first one.