Team #34 Roll Call

IdRatherBHunting

Ok I got 2 nice 3 year olds today. I'm working on another this evening will post pictures soon.

IdRatherBHunting

Ok I'm done for the year but what a year. 3 birds, 1-11" beard 1-10.5" 1-9.35"
2 with 1 1/4 " spurs one with 1" all three 23-24 lbs. Pics tomorrow

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I have one gobbler down. Pics up in a couple hours...

IdRatherBHunting

23 points and Im out

Ok guys the official measurments are in and here we go.

1-5/16" spurs
1-1/4" spurs
1-1/16" spurs

11-1/2" beard
11-1/4" beard
10-1/4" beard

The biggest was 24.5lbs
One had a massive beard but 1/2 was rotted off :banginghe if not for that he would have been way up there. He had 12" strands.

Good luck to all and I will be happy to meet up with anyone and help bring one in. I am only available on Sunday and Monday.

Collin

Queen

Someone walked under our bird on public land yesterday morning and bumped him wouldn't be so bad if he had set up and tried to hunt but he walked maybe 30 yards from the gobblin bird and never noticed. I did manage to get on a whole drove this morning at the club but no toms. My brother in law killed his first bird though I told him the jake would be acceptable just once. You guys keep rolling em.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I posted mine up. 7/8" & 1" spurs, 20#'s, little over 10" beard. Nice gobbler. No bonus points.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Ok guys the official measurments are in and here we go.

1-5/16" spurs
1-1/4" spurs
1-1/16" spurs

11-1/2" beard
11-1/4" beard
10-1/4" beard

The biggest was 24.5lbs
One had a massive beard but 1/2 was rotted off :banginghe if not for that he would have been way up there. He had 12" strands.

Good luck to all and I will be happy to meet up with anyone and help bring one in. I am only available on Sunday and Monday.

Collin

Awesome job:bounce:

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Hey guys, Listen up: Make sure you post a pic that has YOU>the BIRD> Your PHONE OR NEWSPAPER in the SAME PIC!!!!!!! Then do a CLOSEUP of the paper or phone.

If you do not have ALL THREE (YOU THE BIRD AND A PHONE/PAPER) in the same pic it will get disqualified:smash:

IdRatherBHunting

Ok guys where yall at? I have not heard anything from anyone on a status update.

Queen

Had a few afternoons open but I've been in school. Go back on shift this week I should be mopping up soon.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Hey guys, Listen up: Make sure you post a pic that has YOU>the BIRD> Your PHONE OR NEWSPAPER in the SAME PIC!!!!!!! Then do a CLOSEUP of the paper or phone.

If you do not have ALL THREE (YOU THE BIRD AND A PHONE/PAPER) in the same pic it will get disqualified:smash:

My bird #1 was DISQUALIFIED because I did not have a pic of ME, THE PHONE, AND THE BIRD in the same pic. I only had a closeup of the phone with the bird.

Make sure you have all 3 in the same pic.

I killed another gobbler: 21lbs, 1-1/8" spurs, 8-1/2 beard.

Pics are here: http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=4790135&postcount=4

rmcatcher

Hey guys. After a week I have called in 9 mature gobblers within bow range. 2 of those were for other ppl. One was a guys first bird. I'm headed back to north ga now. Y'all are really wearing them out. That's awesome. Idratherbehunting I can't believe u tapped out on the first day!!!! I love it too much to end my season on the first day!!! Congratulations on the limit. Dawg2 that stinks about your first bird. Oh well I guess we will just have to make it up for ya. Slacker!!!!!! Haha. Nice job evrybody on the birds and good luck

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Hey guys. After a week I have called in 9 mature gobblers within bow range. 2 of those were for other ppl. One was a guys first bird. I'm headed back to north ga now. Y'all are really wearing them out. That's awesome. Idratherbehunting I can't believe u tapped out on the first day!!!! I love it too much to end my season on the first day!!! Congratulations on the limit. Dawg2 that stinks about your first bird. Oh well I guess we will just have to make it up for ya. Slacker!!!!!! Haha. Nice job evrybody on the birds and good luck

yep, make it up by making sure we ALL POST THE CORRECT PICs. I screwed up so I apologize on that. Let's not lose any more points.:flag:

I'll try to get a monster for my 3rd. :cool:

rutandstrut

I have struck out so far this year! I still have plenty of hunting to do and the people already seem to be thinning out! It should get better as the season goes along! I have a trip planned to Washington, Kansas and New York! Not sure if I will be able to put these Birds in due to time restaints!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I have struck out so far this year! I still have plenty of hunting to do and the people already seem to be thinning out! It should get better as the season goes along! I have a trip planned to Washington, Kansas and New York! Not sure if I will be able to put these Birds in due to time restaints!

Knock them out!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
That stinks Dawg. Congrats again on both birds.
Sorry to impose in ya'lls thread

It is, what it is. I'll bring in #3 next time I go out. Never had a problem limiting out on gobblers:bounce:

Queen

Have struck out multiple times they killed 6 at my club last week over two days and not a single one gobbled I have spotted 6 more with four of them working a field everyday. I'm just layin off til they start gobbling you guys keep piling em up

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I called up two jakes, but no gobblers. Mabe I can get #3 next weekend. Anybody else have luck?