Team #4 Thunder Chicken Assassins

Ricochet

Talked to my hunting connection near Rome, GA yesterday and I'm on for this weekend. I have killed a bird at this place the past 2 years. 2 years ago it was covered up with gobblers. I'm hoping for that again and a monster bird in the mix! ::; :)

stringmusic

Had no luck this past weekend, they gobbled for about an hour and then somebody hit the light switch and nothing but silence till 11:00.

I took Friday off so I'll have 3 more days to try and close the deal on one.

hoppie

Had no luck this past weekend, they gobbled for about an hour and then somebody hit the light switch and nothing but silence till 11:00.

I took Friday off so I'll have 3 more days to try and close the deal on one.

What counting you hunting in?

Ricochet

I'm headed to GA today after work and hoping to bag a GA gobbler or 2. :) We'll see how it goes and good luck stringmusic!

Ricochet

Well, my season is over and I went out with a bang! :) I killed 3 this morning with 1 shot! I was setup on one gobbling and a gang of Jakes and Toms sneaked up behind me (about 20 feet). I couldn't do anything till they walked off a little. So, they finally did and then I spun out of my gobbler lounger and kneeled and took a shot as the Toms lined up - BOOM! They dropped and 1 Jake eat some lead - he was collateral damage. I thought the lead gobbler might be a bonus bird because he had a paint brush for a beard, but no dice there. :( He was a nice gobbler with 1 inch spurs and a thick 9.5 inch beard. So, it's been an awesome season that I doubt I will be able to top. 9 birds total; 1 in FL, 5 in SC and 3 in GA - a southeastern trifecta! Now I can sleep in on the weekends! LOL :)

Ricochet

BTW, 5 or 6 Jakes made it out of there alive. LOL I heard 5 or more gobblers else where, and I saw a gobbler with hens and a hen with poults afterwards! Yeah, it's an awesome place to hunt! :)

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
dang it man! you making it look easy. your family must love turkey sandwiches! congrats on a unreal season! i heard 2 gobbling early but they went quiet pretty quick. they were well off the property also.:banginghe left there and went to another lease and there was gobbler and hen in a pasture again on the wrong side of the fence.:huh: guess the grass is always greener on the other side. this is the most frustrating season i have ever had.:confused: 3 more days and it will be over with. i'm gonna keep after them though! hope momma don't mind if i go in the am!::;:whip:

Ricochet

Yeah, we have some turkey to eat for sure. I hope you nail a big one in the AM! :)

Ricochet

The 3 GA birds that took a dirt nap today. :banana:

Attachments

• IMG-20120512-00170.jpg
    IMG-20120512-00170.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 225

ryanwhit

Unbelievable ric. I got one yest morning worth one bonus pt...wildcard entry option...

Ricochet

Unbelievable ric. I got one yest morning worth one bonus pt...wildcard entry option...
Yeah, it's been an amazing season - 9 down total! Congrats on the bonus bird - I wonder if we can still place. :pop:

stringmusic

Ric, WOW brother, what a season! Congrats:cheers:

Me, on the other hand, not so much.

Murphy's law had me by the throat this year. Believe it or not, I had a really nice tom(in full strut) and a hen get to close to about 6-7 geese in a field Saturday morning, the geese went crazy and ran one way, the tom and hen ran the other way, all the way out of the field.:rofl: It's just to the point that all I can do is laugh about it now. When you have geese ruining your morning it's time to give it up for the year.

I have had a ton of fun chasing them with my dad all year and glad I could be apart of y'alls team, even though this was an absolute terrible year for me.

Ricochet

photos and video

More photos of my GA birds (and me) and the aftermath video.

7195492488_33eef9203c_z.jpg

7195492640_69b8688c0c_z.jpg

7195492766_fd046b7a2c_z.jpg

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786" classid="clsid:."> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=ea75632df2&photo_id=7195492776&flickr_show_info_box=true&hd_default=false"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=ea75632df2&photo_id=7195492776&flickr_show_info_box=true&hd_default=false" height="360" width="640"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Ricochet

Ric, WOW brother, what a season! Congrats:cheers:

Me, on the other hand, not so much.

Murphy's law had me by the throat this year. Believe it or not, I had a really nice tom(in full strut) and a hen get to close to about 6-7 geese in a field Saturday morning, the geese went crazy and ran one way, the tom and hen ran the other way, all the way out of the field.:rofl: It's just to the point that all I can do is laugh about it now. When you have geese ruining your morning it's time to give it up for the year.

I have had a ton of fun chasing them with my dad all year and glad I could be apart of y'alls team, even though this was an absolute terrible year for me.
Thanks for the congrats!

Man, I'm sorry to hear your season went bad like that...I hate geese and other annoying wildlife (see tree rats). Next season you will tear them up I'm sure.

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
had one gobbling good on the limb this am, but flew down the other way of coarse. try again this pm!