Telecheck Results 2020 *Final numbers posted**

Bud Man

With 4 more days to go I'm sitting doing math . The last 4 yrs. there has been an average of 23 birds pr. day killed on public land. This year so far the average is 32 pr.day. I looked and Ga. has approx. 1,700,000 acres of public land . That's 1 bird pr. day for every 915 acres. I have been fortunate to hunt private land for many years but understand the public land hunting. I personally don't see the need to panic about the numbers declining. I realize not all land has the carrying capacity from different areas of the state. With all the people being out of work this year and having the opportunity to get out and enjoy what the state has to offer. Great for you all and hopefully you were successful . Stay safe and healthy and enjoy the last 4 days.

cowhornedspike

With 4 more days to go I'm sitting doing math . The last 4 yrs. there has been an average of 23 birds pr. day killed on public land. This year so far the average is 32 pr.day. I looked and Ga. has approx. 1,700,000 acres of public land . That's 1 bird pr. day for every 915 acres. I have been fortunate to hunt private land for many years but understand the public land hunting. I personally don't see the need to panic about the numbers declining. I realize not all land has the carrying capacity from different areas of the state. With all the people being out of work this year and having the opportunity to get out and enjoy what the state has to offer. Great for you all and hopefully you were successful . Stay safe and healthy and enjoy the last 4 days.

My math (using your numbers...not checked for accuracy) says 1 bird per day for every 53,125 acres.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Those numbers can't be true everyone says we don't have any turkeys.

I dont know if your being sarcastic or not.

Look at my turkey population poll thread. You will see some areas have plenty of turkeys. Some do not.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
As far as the numbers being up. I believe it.

For me anyway. Turkey hunting is much easier when you go multiple days in a row. You learn what the birds are doing and where they want to be. Much, much easier to get a gobbler to come to where he wants to be anyway.

Bud Man

That's correct cowhorned , that I put wrong acreage pr bird. My math and typing didn't work out lol . The numbers I was using are from post 49 . The math should have been that there will be 1856 birds killed on public land and that would be 1 bird pr 915 acres over the whole season. thank you for the correction.

Gut_Pile

Is that in addition to the Game Check harvest report? Lots of folks don`t answer calls if they don`t recognize the number, me included.

the game check is used to understand harvest trends. They do not use the game check to estimate state harvest.

Gut_Pile

Thanks gut pile for keeping up and posting this for us , a decent increase but I don’t think it is as bad as we think

We'll see how it translates to the estimated harvest for the state. The telecheck increased from 11,132 to 14,669 which is a 31% increase.

2019 estimated harvest was 17,073. If we see the same 31% increase that will put the harvest right around 22,500.

Only time will tell

Timber1

BANNED
We'll see how it translates to the estimated harvest for the state. The telecheck increased from 11,132 to 14,669 which is a 31% increase.

2019 estimated harvest was 17,073. If we see the same 31% increase that will put the harvest right around 22,500.

Only time will tell

Turkeytider

I`m not saying that it`s not, but I do very much hope that the population is capable of absorbing that level of harvest with no ill effects. Since the limits and season schedule are essentially the same for next year, I hope that that indicates that the biologists think so.