The Atlanta sports curse...

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Is there any other city/state that has a worse sport championship record than Atlanta/Georgia?
1980 Bulldogs NC
1990 Tech NC
1995 Brave WS

3 major titles in 50 years? Nothing in the past 25 years?

Soccer does not count IMO. The only NCAA sports title I consider major are basketball & football.

So, we have 3 major titles in 50 years. None in 25 years.

Can any other city/state beat that?

Several states have multiple major franchises and schools so it's a no brainer they have a lot of titles(CA, FL, NY, TX, ect), but Georgia(the state, not the school) is owned by such dumps as Louisiana, Alabama, Massachusetts, ect.

Can anyone(with at least 1 major university, 1 NFL team, 1 NBA team and one MLB team) match Georgia for sucking?

What say you? Is it a curse?

BTW, I'm happy with the one world series and the 1990 NC. Beggars can't be choosers and I fulfilled my fan championship aspirations with 5 Superbowl rings with the Cowboys. '90-'96 were my glory days as a fan. 1 NC, 1 WS and 3 SBs. Them was good times.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Only reasoning for Alabama to have a great program is "what else do they have to look forward to living in AL?". They have alway given their money to the program like the old folks send checks to televangelists. I can't remember the difference in most other power 5 football budgets and booster money, but AL was millions ahead of everyone else. I wish I had a better answer for you on the GA curse....

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Now the Falcons are gonna blow the #1 pick..??

We need a new thread: Do teams win more than 50% of the first game played right after they fire their coach.

tr21

THE CURSE IS OVER !!! the falcon's won today !!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

turkeykirk

THE CURSE IS OVER !!! the falcon's won today !!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Only the Falcons can mess up a losing season. Win 1 or 2 games and lose the 1st draft pick.:rofl:

tr21

oh no, they're going to the super bowel with a 11-5 record ! no i'm serious, they're GOING TO GO ALL THE WAY ! and Hillary is going to win the election :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Madsnooker

Atlanta, the Cleveland of the south!!!:rofl::rofl:
I forgot, Cleveland did win an NBA championship recently. Sorry Atlanta is worse then Cleveland.:bounce:

Cool Hand Luke

Let's be optimistic! Maybe not this season for the Bravos but IMO, we have something to look forward to with this team. Dawgs will most likely get another shot at Bama in the SECCG. Heck with the NFL

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I forgot, Cleveland did win an NBA championship recently. Sorry Atlanta is worse then Cleveland.:bounce:

Ohio State has 3 NC's in the past 50 years so if you add in the NBA title they are 1 up on Georgia.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
What do you expect?? We've had a steady flood of those yankee's down here..:bounce:

You yankees screw up everything!