The Creeping Crud

Redbow

Has come to our house. The Wife had some finish up Christmas shopping to do the first of this week and she brought home more than presents. She started feeling bad Tuesday and come Wednesday I had the crud. Runny nose, slight fever, cough, kinda feel like a jeep has hit me. Last night I had to put the electric blanket on the bed and get under it to finally get warm.

Then this morning I saw on the local news that NC is eat up with this crap and the flu also, the Asian type I guess they were saying. I just hope I can shake this mess b4 we have to go to our Niece's house for Christmas dinner Sunday up close to Raleigh. The Wife is already much better, she has weathered it better than I have. Ain't no good time to get the crud I suppose but right here at Christmas, darn a Mule.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Bad all over. GF works in a hospital and says they're full of flu patients. A 30 year old guy came in yesterday with low 02, having trouble breathing, and was on a vent within an hour, and coded that night. Not Covid...just the flu.

You start having any breathing issues, get to the ER, @Redbow.

Redbow

Bad all over. GF works in a hospital and says they're full of flu patients. A 30 year old guy came in yesterday with low 02, having trouble breathing, and was on a vent within an hour, and coded that night. Not Covid...just the flu.

You start having any breathing issues, get to the ER, @Redbow.
Thanks dwhee, I haven't had any problems breathing not so far just congested a bit but the cough is worse than anything else with it. The Wife breezed right thru it but I'm glad she has.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Thanks dwhee, I haven't had any problems breathing not so far just congested a bit but the cough is worse than anything else with it. The Wife breezed right thru it but I'm glad she has.
There's a easy recipe for an old-timey onion-based cough remedy. I've used it a few times with success.

Chop up an onion, add to a mason jar, and put a couple heaping teaspoons of sugar in the jar over the onion. Let it sit out on the counter overnight. The sugar will draw out the juices from the onion. A teaspoon of that liquid (which doesn't taste too bad, actually) will knock you cough out.

Redbow

There's a easy recipe for an old-timey onion-based cough remedy. I've used it a few times with success.

Chop up an onion, add to a mason jar, and put a couple heaping teaspoons of sugar in the jar over the onion. Let it sit out on the counter overnight. The sugar will draw out the juices from the onion. A teaspoon of that liquid (which doesn't taste too bad, actually) will knock you cough out.
Thanks dwhee, I will try that.

ol bob

Right about N.C. had this mess for almost 3 weeks.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team

Speaking of onions.If you put a slice of onion on the bottom of your feet with a sock over it to hold it in place it will pull toxins out of your body.Onion will be black in the morning.Just don,t try going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.