The History Of Muslim Violence

earl

Banned
When are we, as Christians, gonna realize that the separation of church and state is a good thing. Since our country runs as a republic/democracy we have to realize that the majority holds the power. Although constitutional amendments have been written to protect the rights of minorities amendments can be overturned (see prohibition.) The "islamization" that has occurred in other countries could just as easily occur here. If we allow majority rule to combine religion with government we are setting ourselves up to allow the islamization of America. We have got to stop ruling or attempting to rule by what we think is best for us and do what is best for the country. That means getting religion out of politics and taking away any opportunity for any religion to infiltrate the American system of government.

Aren't you concerned with the Israels ? The fact that the US blindly support Israel because of the bible should be a big concern. Any one ,including Muslims, who are politically supported for religious reasons only ,should scare the day lights out of you.

earl

Banned
separation of "religion" and gov't? yes

but separation of having ALL who are in the gov't to be
True Christians? No...

if you study the founding documents of the states in the beginning of this country you will see that gov't officials were not allowed to become gov't officials unless they took an oath that they were protestant Christians...

if they were anything other than protestants... sorry, you cant be a gov't official...

should gov't and religion mix? no, but all gov't officials should be true Christians...

at least thats what the original design of this country was... and if you think about what God says in His Word... if He puts the rulers in power... He would want nothing less than all who are in the gov't to be His children...

we're not there anymore... instead we have a group of bandits running the lives of 300 million... what a shame.

Sorry buddy , you are going to have to give reliable sources for that. Starting with Thomas Jefferson would be nice. :crazy::crazy::crazy:
I thought you said God put our current crop in office. Did you file a complaint with the big guy ?

CRT

in the Political Forum there's a lot of talk about killing all the Muslims, well almost all of them. What is the Biblical principal regarding this notion?

Have you ever read the NT? I believe you will find the answer there, especially in the four Gospels. Jesus didn't teach us to kill our enemies. He taught us to love them, even if they kill you for it. Those who would kill their enemies in the name of Christ, according to His teaching, do not know Him.

CRT

Sorry buddy , you are going to have to give reliable sources for that. Starting with Thomas Jefferson would be nice. :crazy::crazy::crazy:
I thought you said God put our current crop in office. Did you file a complaint with the big guy ?

I agree with you earl. Many of our founding fathers were open theist at best. There were some who were Protestant, but that was definitely not a requirement.

ambush80

Have you ever read the NT? I believe you will find the answer there, especially in the four Gospels. Jesus didn't teach us to kill our enemies. He taught us to love them, even if they kill you for it. Those who would kill their enemies in the name of Christ, according to His teaching, do not know Him.

I think I understand the principles of Jesus' teachings pretty well and agree with most of them. I just don't understand how Christians can reconcile some of their political philosophies with their religious ones.

CRT

I think I understand the principles of Jesus' teachings pretty well and agree with most of them. I just don't understand how Christians can reconcile some of their political philosophies with their religious ones.

Me neither. :huh:

tell sackett

You have to agree with all of them or it don't work. Maybe that's the problem, there are followers of Christ and then there are cino's(christian in name only). We are called to take up our cross and follow Him daily and not just when it's convinient and easy. I think there are some who want to pick and choose instead of eating the whole buffet.

CRT

You have to agree with all of them or it don't work. Maybe that's the problem, there are followers of Christ and then there are cino's(christian in name only). We are called to take up our cross and follow Him daily and not just when it's convinient and easy. I think there are some who want to pick and choose instead of eating the whole buffet.

Bingo!