The Kids' Official "First Kill, First Buck, First Whatever" Sticky Thread!!!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good Stuff! Keepem coming!

Blackston

Great thread and idea ! Kids getting it done is the best . View attachment 1108980My daughters first at 12 .
Lookin back through all the smiles !!!! Did you hold little miss Ant off till she was 12 ? Just wondering I’m still goin back n forth on when little man will be ready ( he thinks he ready now ?)

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Lookin back through all the smiles !!!! Did you hold little miss Ant off till she was 12 ? Just wondering I’m still goin back n forth on when little man will be ready ( he thinks he ready now ?)
Actually that was her first buck , this was her first deer . 10 I think . And I was ready a few years before she was , I just let her decide when she wanted to do the killing . 0694D230-783B-46FF-885C-8FFA65CF5E11.jpeg

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Congrats to the first time hunters, enjoy them now, they grow up too fast

Huntinfool

Not his first deer by any means. He's killed a bunch over the past few years including a 135" buck last season with his .243. But he has been working his TAIL off over the past year to be able to pull 40# and really wanted to get his first bow kill.

After a series of misses or non-lethal shots, he was getting very down and very frustrated. But I'm super proud of this boy. He kept at it and listened to me when I promised that he was a good hunter and that he'd get one soon.

She's not an old nag. But he zipped an arrow through her, found her all by himself and dragged her out of the woods all by himself.

Proud of this kid. He's a killer for sure. (yes...that is an ear bud in his ear...different generation of hunter!)

d5.jpg

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Not his first deer by any means. He's killed a bunch over the past few years including a 135" buck last season with his .243. But he has been working his TAIL off over the past year to be able to pull 40# and really wanted to get his first bow kill.

After a series of misses or non-lethal shots, he was getting very down and very frustrated. But I'm super proud of this boy. He kept at it and listened to me when I promised that he was a good hunter and that he'd get one soon.

She's not an old nag. But he zipped an arrow through her, found her all by himself and dragged her out of the woods all by himself.

Proud of this kid. He's a killer for sure. (yes...that is an ear bud in his ear...different generation of hunter!)

View attachment 1185451

Hat Tip ? to a fine first "complete" job by himself. 100% qualified!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Not necessarily a 'youth' but definitely a great 1st kill!

Had a couple young (early twenties) men in camp for rifle opener this past weekend...
My hunting partner's son and his best buddy from Jacksonville who had never seen a deer.
First light Jville kid busts one...
Sends us this pic, they are absolutely giddy in the tower and the shooter cant even talk. Shakin all over with joy!

Screenshot_20221022-171501_Gallery.jpg

They say keep hunting, they got it under control and know exactly where he left the plot into the pines...
15 minutes later got the worried text that they cant find blood or anything else.
By the time partner and I got there on UTV, they were marking blood with TP, so we backed off and let them find it.
It was a good day...

20221022_085556_copy_1200x1600.jpg

They thanked me profusely for the opportunity, help, and insight before they left Sunday afternoon.
I told them I would rather have been part of it than not and that I hadn't seen all that in over 10 years since my two got too grown and busy to hunt with dad.
Dang near leaked eye juice out on my face.