The Legend of Stetson Bennett

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I’ve always had the Mailman’s back. Dude is a pretty good QB in my book. And I am thankful he stuck with us. True definition of a DGD! I do agree, though, we need to play our younger QBs when we can.

GO DAWGS!

brownceluse

Soooo.....y’all like him this week?
Yes. I do at least. I also know that JT is a better passing QB. I posted in another thread about how Bennett and JT can both feel like they both played a big role in our success. If we win can win it all that is. This team isn’t playing for individual goals this year. It’s all about the team.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
JT has arguably better touch on the ball but the Mailman showed out today and led his team to victory like winners do.

bullgator

I haven’t seen JT play much at all. It seems like JT may be a quarterback, but Bennett is a football player. Kinda reminds me of the movie The Replacements.

MudDucker

Staff member
I've scratched my head at the detractors. Last year, he did great until he got hurt in the Floriduh game. The kid just wins. He adds a dimension to the offence because he can and will take off and run effectively. That makes the defense act entirely differently. JT is the pure pro style guy and I wasn't all that impressed last year. Lot of throws were short. This year he looked much better. Yesterday, Stetson out Bo Bo Nix.

MCBUCK

I went to Twitter last night and all those “If Stetson Bennett starts we are in trouble” people.....they disappeared.