The much anticipated

BamaGeorgialine

OSU November update. :LOL:

OSU is now 358-1-1 when scoring 35pts or more. :hair: that is an insane stat.

Anyway, that's all for the update.

As far as the new rankings tonight, I predict the pups and vols will be 1 and 2 followed by OSU.
So that states that when 35+ points or more they are beatable.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That “insane” stat and you don’t lead in total points or average PPG.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
What's the stat on how many games OSU has lost to unranked teams?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yes about as beatable as your chance of winning the lottery. :bounce:
468-171-24 that the numbers that count, conference play. OSU has lost 1/4th its games playing in a cupcake conference.

35 points simply shows consistently weak competition.

Madsnooker

:LOL: ;)468-171-24 that the numbers that count, conference play. OSU has lost 1/4th its games playing in a cupcake conference.

35 points simply shows consistently weak competition.
No, what it shows is how consistent OSU has had good defenses over the years and when they score at least 35pts they win almost 100% of the time. Using the weak conference angle is just weak. The Big has been at or near the top for 60 yrs. If it was only from playing weak competition then show me another team with a comparable stat that plays weak competition. That should be easy as I know you think every team not in tge sec plays a weak schedule
That leaves you about 116 teams to pick from. I'll be waiting?

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
The Big has been at or near the top for 60 yrs. If it was only from playing weak competition
Why don't we "go to the numbers". "If" it was only playing weak competition? Well............................I just happen to have those stats here:

1667400853331.png

Against the ACC the B1G has a 56.6% winning percentage and that's the BEST of the P5 conferences. After that it it gets UGLY. The B12 is the only other they have a winning record against and that's only 51%. Against the Pac it's 48.3% and against the POWERHOUSE SEC it's a paltry 40.1%.

Against all other "competition" the B1G had a 65% winning percentage, HOWEVER, Notre Dame is 209-107-14 vs the B1G, a 65.5% winning percentage.

Love ya snook, but you next time you might wanna review the numbers first. Keep it up and your buddy Slayer may start another "Compendium" thread.

Madsnooker

Why don't we "go to the numbers". "If" it was only playing weak competition? Well............................I just happen to have those stats here:

View attachment 1187055

Against the ACC the B1G has a 56.6% winning percentage and that's the BEST of the P5 conferences. After that it it gets UGLY. The B12 is the only other they have a winning record against and that's only 51%. Against the Pac it's 48.3% and against the POWERHOUSE SEC it's a paltry 40.1%.

Against all other "competition" the B1G had a 65% winning percentage, HOWEVER, Notre Dame is 209-107-14 vs the B1G, a 65.5% winning percentage.

Love ya snook, but you next time you might wanna review the numbers first. Keep it up and your buddy Slayer may start another "Compendium" thread.
Not sure what your point is. How you guys can act like in the last 360 games OSU scored 35pts or more and only lost once is not a big deal is crazy. That's an insane stat and if not please provide all the other schools that have done that or even close. I'm sure it will be easy for you.

TomC

Impressive stat considering the scary Big 10 schedule they play year after year after year after year. A record that will probably never be matched! Awesome!!

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Not sure what your point is. How you guys can act like in the last 360 games OSU scored 35pts or more and only lost once is not a big deal is crazy. That's an insane stat and if not please provide all the other schools that have done that or even close. I'm sure it will be easy for you.
My point was that the B1G is BARELY in the top half of strength, with two and two losing/winning records against like competition(and if you throw in ND they are a SOLID 4th place) out 5 P5 conferences, for whatever length of time these records have been compiled.

The stat you posted is impressive but let's not make like it's been done by playing the best of the best week in and out.

Madsnooker

My point was that the B1G is BARELY in the top half of strength, with two and two losing/winning records against like competition(and if you throw in ND they are a SOLID 4th place) out 5 P5 conferences, for whatever length of time these records have been compiled.

The stat you posted is impressive but let's not make like it's been done by playing the best of the best week in and out.
Actually looking at those numbers they are about what you would expect. All conferences have teams at the top as well as bad teams. They all play each other from the best to the worst across all conferences over the years. Basically the the big has a losing record against the sec and a winning record against all the others and basically dead even with the pac 12. And even taking in the sec record. The numbers basically show that the sec is slightly better winning 60% of games. Basically every 10 games head to head the sec won 1 additional game. Again your stats only proved how dominate that stat for OSU is. Basically showing only 1 conference faired better agaisnt the BIG (I'm looking at the pac and Big alltime dead even) head to head and yet none of those conferences or even the sec has a team that is that dominant when scoring 35 or more points.

Anyway, I'm done debating it as it's not a big deal in the grande scheme of things I just thought it is an unbelievable stat anyway you want to slice it. I know most here could care less but I enjoy educating them anyway. :bounce:

treemanjohn

Banned
OSU November update. :LOL:

OSU is now 358-1-1 when scoring 35pts or more. :hair: that is an insane stat.

Anyway, that's all for the update.

As far as the new rankings tonight, I predict the pups and vols will be 1 and 2 followed by OSU.
Ridiculous stat. They can't score 35 against a moderately good team

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Madsnooker

Yep. My week is complete now and all is right with the world. Thanks snook! :bounce: :rockon:
Love helping you guys feel complete!!! :cheers:

PS please don't lose this week. I don't want to see the pups osu matchup derailed yet again. Of course we still have ttun to deal with as well.;)