The much anticipated

Madsnooker

And.....reminds me of the pups looking horrible against a terrible Missouri team and if not for Missouri ineptitude in the 4th qtr should have beaten the pups and I also remember a bad Kent St team playing the pups into the 4th qtr. I don't remember 50mph wind and rain in those games either. It was a bad game for OSU but it happens. They were totally unmotivated and throw in the worst wind I've ever seen in a game and you get a sloppy performance.

Anyway, great game for the pups today they looked great!!!! Congrats

MudDucker

Staff member
Early ugly vs late ugly games are not equal. OSU looking ugly this late in the season is just that ... ugly!

Madsnooker

Early ugly vs late ugly games are not equal. OSU looking ugly this late in the season is just that ... ugly!
Yes, they did look ugly but I'm sure you think if the game was not played in 50mph winds (yes, they were sustained 40 mph with gusts to 60mph with sideways rain during multiple times) they game would have played out just the same. :rolleyes: Yep, that game is what OSU is. lol

I will say I was perplexed that Day kept trying to throw the ball. It has been reported now that 3 times during the game time that wind gusts were reported over 70 mph at a local airport nearby the field in Chicago. Multiple coaches with NFL experience as well said they have never seen wind like that during any football game. It was so bad that multiple times during the game the refs had to blow the whistle to stop the clock because when they would reset the ball after a play as soon as they took their hand off the ball it would start rolling and pick up speed until someone grabbed it. lol

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Yes, they did look ugly but I'm sure you think if the game was not played in 50mph winds (yes, they were sustained 40 mph with gusts to 60mph with sideways rain during multiple times) they game would have played out just the same. :rolleyes: Yep, that game is what OSU is. lol

I will say I was perplexed that Day kept trying to throw the ball. It has been reported now that 3 times during the game time that wind gusts were reported over 70 mph at a local airport nearby the field in Chicago. Multiple coaches with NFL experience as well said they have never seen wind like that during any football game. It was so bad that multiple times during the game the refs had to blow the whistle to stop the clock because when they would reset the ball after a play as soon as they took their hand off the ball it would start rolling and pick up speed until someone grabbed it. lol
60 mile per hour gusts and rain? I'd have switched up to the wishbone and ran the opposing team into the mud. :LOL:

bullgator

What weather conditions did Northwestern play in?

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
The same and they lost by 2 scores???

You mean the same NW that lost the week before to Iowa by 20 and 2 weeks before that to Wisconsin by 35 playing in the same weather conditions as them.

You mean the same NW team that lost to Miami OH and S. Illinois by only half as much as they did OSU playing in the same weather conditions as them?

MudDucker

Staff member
OSU should have been able to run the ball down NW's throat, so lets not give too much credence to the winds dey be a blowin'.

Madsnooker

Nw scored early in the first qtr and never threatened again but you guys are right weather didn't have a factor and osu probably should just throw the towel in on the season because they couldn't beat nw like Wisconsin Iowa or Miami of oh. Oh well it was fun while it lasted. ;)

JWF III

No, what it shows is how consistent OSU has had good defenses over the years and when they score at least 35pts they win almost 100% of the time. Using the weak conference angle is just weak. The Big has been at or near the top for 60 yrs. If it was only from playing weak competition then show me another team with a comparable stat that plays weak competition. That should be easy as I know you think every team not in tge sec plays a weak schedule
That leaves you about 116 teams to pick from. I'll be waiting?
A “good” defense that gives up less than 35 points? Laughable statement there. A good defense gives up less than 14 points. A great defense gives up less than 7. Dawgs lack consistency this year. They have good and bad days. Luckily, they have been “good enough” thus far.

Wyman

Madsnooker

It appears Day cooled on him and decided he wants the qb commited to Washington. Lol also keep in mind Day has his qb for the future in the #1 recruit in 23, these other guys are qb room fillers.

I hope the kid balls out at fsu. Good luck to him.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
It appears Day cooled on him and decided he wants the qb commited to Washington. Lol also keep in mind Day has his qb for the future in the #1 recruit in 23, these other guys are qb room fillers.

I hope the kid balls out at fsu. Good luck to him.
Actually, looking at 247sports, with the loss of Ewers y'all look to be awful thin at QB. Besides Stroud, I see one 4 star y'all picked up thus year, Devin Brown, and that's it for the last 4 years. The kid your referring to, Dylan Raiola, doesn't come in until the '24 class. Stroud will be gone by then and sure Day REALLY wants to put all his eggs in this one basket in '24, cause it worked out so well with Ewers.

Y'all are literally 2 injuries away from no QB. And if for some reason that kid in '24 is unavailable, injured, changes his mind, whatever, y'all up a certain creek without even any waders, let alone a boat or paddle. I'm sure that's in no way concerning to Day.

Madsnooker

Wrong. 5* Kyle Mccord is set to take over next year with Brown backing him up. Brown is a stud. Yes Raiola the #1 recruit comes in next year and will be behind the other 2. QB is the last thing I worry about with Day. Lol
And back to the reason I posted after your reply about the decommit was Day let him know he probably needs to move on becuase he wasn't playing at OSU. There will be a kid commited to Washington that will flip to OSU in the next couple of weeks. He will add more depth and he is better then the kid that just left. It's common knowledge and was anticipated for awhile.

Like I said, I hope he balls out at FSU. He is a very athletic kid just very raw as a QB.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Like I said, I hope he balls out at FSU. He is a very athletic kid just very raw as a QB.

It's a good thing he's going to a team that will be able to coach him up, huh? ::ke: :bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member