The Official 2014 Woody's/ G O N Bow Hunting Challenge "SMACK TALK" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowanaLee

Just whats left of today and tomorrow to hunt. Better start slinging some arrows. :cheers:

BowanaLee

Only one more day ! :whip:

MCNASTY

Part of the sadness of hunting season ending is offset by not having to keep up with the challenge for 8 months!:cheers:

Yeah I bet the wife will be nagging wanting to go to Long Horns and a picture show here shortly. You done a fine job with this Billy. We all have our opinions on rules but the fact remains you do a lot and put up with a lot just to see it's done as fairly as possible. You basically have a 2nd job here and it's all charity work. I commend and thank you for putting up with us and caring enough to do so. :cool:

BowanaLee

Yeah, Billy's done a good and fair job. I dang sure don't want his job. :cheers:
That being said, looks like Team Fatal Obsession just got knocked back a notch or two.
I was just notified by Obsession that I was fired for my dismal performance and to turn in my equipment immediately. facepalm:

But, when I told them I whipped Kris87 in a big buck bet, I was reinstated with honors. :D

Kris87

Yeah, Billy's done a good and fair job. I dang sure don't want his job. :cheers:
That being said, looks like Team Fatal Obsession just got knocked back a notch or two.
I was just notified by Obsession that I was fired for my dismal performance and to turn in my equipment immediately. facepalm:

But, when I told them I whipped Kris87 in a big buck bet, I was reinstated with honors. :D

Man that's good to hear my charitable doings saved your getting a free hat from Obsession every year. And congrats on your buck, but I'm happier with the one I shot. :D

BowanaLee

Man that's good to hear my charitable doings saved your getting a free hat from Obsession every year. And congrats on your buck, but I'm happier with the one I shot. :D

Maybe, but that hat looks good on me. :biggrin2:

BowChilling

I'll be up at midnight but if you are entering a buck late the scores probably won't be up until sometime tomorrow!

Might as well show 'em if you got 'em ladies!:huh:

BowanaLee

That's easy kenny....,,,how many teams you been on that all 3 members killed a 130+ inch buck in the same year ..????,,,well the way I see it ,, it will take that or more to win this new best 3 challenge...and if the right 3 hunting in north fulton ,,get together , its over before it started ,,,,the good news is there already REAL CLOSE to basspro..!!!

Looks like I was correct facepalm:---what most don't know is Bob lost a 150" buck ,,if not for this it would of been the BLOWOUT I predicted----CONGRATS TO TEAM CITY STICKERS,,, I just can't be mad at guys who shoot big deer in GA with a bow :cheers:,,,,the NEW RULES,,worked out about how I figured ,,,,although I didn't see anyone shooting a 20" ten pt,,,the last couple days of the year ,,when most folks can't see a deer period ..,,guess we can't fuss about where they get to hunt ,,but if you think the odds are even :crazy::crazy:,,,,it is what it is ,,,the majority voted for the rule change to protect their deer populations ,,, ,,and then some of the most outspoken for it ,,still shot 2 bucks this year !!! I had a good year passed more 8 pts within bow range this year than ive seen in last three years total ,,just never could seal the deal on a BIG"n---,,THANKS, to some GREAT TEAMMATES,,,I enjoyed being on team FATAL OBSESSION.

Maybe Rodney should get a job as a weather forecaster ? ::ke: :p

Last edited:

BowChilling

That's a lot of whining over nothing Lee! If Duckarrow had killed a doe their random team woulda outscored City Stickers by 11 points. You can't make everybody happy but the final standings are pretty dang close.
4 teams within 6 points of winning....

DuckArrow

.........DuckArrow did kill his final doe Billy! Just cause it took me to the final Sunday of the season you can't count me out. My biggest hurdle during the season was an infant/toddler and a pregnant wife. So Random Draw team 11 did beat City Stickers, not that it really matters.

BowChilling

.........DuckArrow did kill his final doe Billy! Just cause it took me to the final Sunday of the season you can't count me out. My biggest hurdle during the season was an infant/toddler and a pregnant wife. So Random Draw team 11 did beat City Stickers, not that it really matters.

I thought I saw a picture on Facebook!

HEADHUNTER11

Well it's been real and it's been fun!
Wish we could have held on but when we all put in 120 point buck and still get knocked out we just have to tip our hats because that about the best we got. STANKY LEGG has always been strong
In our 5 season together we place 3rd three times 4th twice and 7th the other. I'm giving up the challenge after this year. Still going to hunt and love the woods but with my 2nd son coming into the world I hope to spend more time with my oldest son in the woods. Thanks bowchilling for all your efforts you are really a class act guy. Congrats to fatal obession also it's always fun to CHASE y'all.

BowanaLee

That's a lot of whining over nothing Lee! If Duckarrow had killed a doe their random team woulda outscored City Stickers by 11 points. You can't make everybody happy but the final standings are pretty dang close.
4 teams within 6 points of winning....

Your confusing whining with pointing out someones forecasting abilities. Sorry about that. Heck, if Id measured and entered my sticker point we might could've won with a dink ? :p I know it was close. I appreciate you helping us by running the challenge, I congratulate the top teams and I thank everyone that participated. It was a hoot ! :)

Last edited:

BowanaLee

I disqualify Golightly for not showing a picture of entrance wound in body (capes don't count) and declare Fatal Obsession top deer murderers. :biggrin2:

Status
Not open for further replies.