The Repo Man came to my house last night

biggtruxx

at 1:30 a.m. i'd prob had little harsher words for him....... did u get a tag # ?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
You just dont know what you will do when that type of issue happens to you I would of said the same thing yesterday. If I was to do what you said and he was a true repo man I would of been in jail

If a man comes to your house at 1 AM with no paperwork demanding your vehicle, which you said you are currrent on, and did what you said he did, you would not go to jail. He would have been laying spread eagle in my yard until the sheriff got there.

I would have called the police, in fact, if I were you, I still would. No repo man goes to a house at 1 in the morning. It may have been an attempted home invasion. He might do it again to someone else.;)

Hooch

If a man comes to your house at 1 AM with no paperwork demanding your vehicle, which you said you are currrent on, and did what you said he did, you would not go to jail. He would have been laying spread eagle in my yard until the sheriff got there.

I would have called the police, in fact, if I were you, I still would. No repo man goes to a house at 1 in the morning. It may have been an attempted home invasion. He might do it again to someone else.;)

I did call the police this moring to let them know what happen They said most repos happen at night. I did give them a description of the man and wrecker new rool back red

P

potsticker

I love repo stories. In my youth i collected and sold life insurance. I had a customer that owned a repo business. All the repo guys weighed in excess of 300 lbs and had no humor. My guy was talking about a case he had the day before. Seems a guy had broken up with his girlfriend, they had 2 identical trans ams. He left with another woman, the 2 cars parked side by side. Repo man backs up to one and is going to recover it when the woman of the story storms outside. The repo man just says that payments havent been paid.She threatens him with a tire iron and starts trashing the trans am next to the repo. She screams while tearing the seats, windows, doors, roof, off the car. she breaks out the lights and even opens the hood and beats the motor into oblivion. She says that ought to fix him, and as the repo man leaves, he says its your boyfriends car i have.

60Grit

I love repo stories. In my youth i collected and sold life insurance. I had a customer that owned a repo business. All the repo guys weighed in excess of 300 lbs and had no humor. My guy was talking about a case he had the day before. Seems a guy had broken up with his girlfriend, they had 2 identical trans ams. He left with another woman, the 2 cars parked side by side. Repo man backs up to one and is going to recover it when the woman of the story storms outside. The repo man just says that payments havent been paid.She threatens him with a tire iron and starts trashing the trans am next to the repo. She screams while tearing the seats, windows, doors, roof, off the car. she breaks out the lights and even opens the hood and beats the motor into oblivion. She says that ought to fix him, and as the repo man leaves, he says its your boyfriends car i have.

Now that's funny....

I'd love to have a picture of her face when he told her that....:rofl:

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I did call the police this moring to let them know what happen They said most repos happen at night. I did give them a description of the man and wrecker new rool back red

They do usually happen at night, but I have never heard of one knocking on the door at 1am:huh: Just odd...

polaris30144

Not all repo people are legit. I had one back up to my wife's car trying to hook it up. The problem I had was the car was paid for in cash when purchased. I stopped him with a .40 Glock stuck in his face and we waited for the Sheriff to arrive. Long story shortened, he was arrested for criminal trespass. The deputy told me it is more common than people know. A lot of stolen vehicles that are recovered a short distance from where stolen are actually wrong cars picked up by repo and dropped when they stop to check the numbers and find out they have the wrong car.

NOYDB

BANNED
People get real emotional about their cars. Remember, until you have the title it's NOT your car, it's the banks.

Repo men are always aware that the buyer may get violent at any time. They prefer NOT to have to deal with the person. It varies from state to state if they can legally enter your property, but once they have the vehicle and are down the road, they are in the clear. The bank owns the car, and they are an agent of the bank. As to timing, they do work at night and if your the fifth or sixth account they are working on , it may be late by time they get to you.

True story, used to date a lady who was tough as nails. 5'1" 110lbs Blonde that the local cops were intimidated by. She got in a argument over her car payments with the bank (actually was the banks error) and they threatened to repo the car. She said "You can try". They sent three different repo companies after her. Followed her 24/7. After 3 months someone higher up at the bank finally sat down with her and found out that, yes they were wrong, no she didn't owe them any fees. As she was leaving the guy said "I have to ask, how did you keep the car from us? Where is it?"

She told him "It's right next to yours in the parking lot. It's been there the whole time."

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
... "I have to ask, how did you keep the car from us? Where is it?"

She told him "It's right next to yours in the parking lot. It's been there the whole time."

:rofl:

Outdoors

Gone But Not Forgotten
After staying up late last night watching the game way to GO SEC.

About 1:30 a.m. There was a loud knocking on the door Scared me and the wife and kids Thinking this was one of those home invasions I grabbed my 9mm and went to the door there was a wrecker backed up to my garage door and a man telling me had a warrant to pick up my car I asked to see it and all he would point at a piece of paper and told me to give him the keys and open the garage door so he could get the car. At this point I was upset to say the lest knowing my payments were up to date. I asked him to leave until I could get a hold of the bank and see what going he refused and keep asking for the keys I told him no and let me see the warrant guess what it was not a warrant just a piece of paper with and address on it which was not mine I asked for his name and the company he worked for he refused and rushed getting out of my yard. What rights do a repo man have and what would you do

Next time, pull him inside, close the door, bead down on him, and tell him to start talking! - If he doesn't, toss him a kitchen knife (not one that matches a set in your home) - squeeze.

grim

Moderate Anarchist and Retired Mod
A lot of people will purposely damage their cars when they find out the bank is going to repo them. They get a nice surprise when the bank sends them a bill for the charge off on the vehicle. The bank doesnt just take the car in exchange for the note, they sell the car (usually cheap), put the proceeds against the note, and the borrower still owes the remainder.

jason8047

A legit repo man will have all the paperwork that you signed at the bank/dealership....he will also have the title to the car or a copy of it....our repo man doenst knock on the door...you wake up and you car is gone....he also calls the correct law enforcemant and let them know what he is doing or has done.

Yep. I have never heard of a repo man knocking on your door. They cant enter your house or garage I dont think to get it but they can take it from your drive. Most of the time they will try and take it while no one is around to avoid confrontation. I used to work nightshift at a factory and I saw alot of cars get towed out of the parking lot at all hours of the night.

bassfishga

Be careful how much resistance you put up to a repo person. I would think most have weapons make sure you grab yours. We know an EMT who told us about a call. This lady repo person when to pick up this old mans truck. He did not like that too much so he began to fight with her, so she cut him up with her knife. So the EMT friend had to come and stop the bleeding. Then probobly had more problems.

hoochfisher

Banned
i'm with most everyone else... sounds like a theif. someone running a scam. you said you had your sidearm. you should have held him 'till LEO got there or 'till he showed you his so called "warrant"

GonePhishn

you had alot more pateince than i would've had at 130 am !!! That definitely was not a legit repo man...thats scary. The sad thing is he has probably succeeded before...

60Grit

you had alot more pateince than i would've had at 130 am !!! That definitely was not a legit repo man...thats scary. The sad thing is he has probably succeeded before...

Fact is, he probably succeeded before...the night was over.

Phillip Thurmond

Guys I'm in the car business and from time to time i've had to repo a car however I'm glad to say that in 4 years its only happened 6 times. Anyway I always knock on the door but not at 1 in the morning! I simply walk up knock on the door and ask for the keys! I have never had a person refuse to give them to me! Reposition is not a fun thing. I hate it because its not fun for me and I'm sure its not fun for the other person. As far as damages Yes you are responsible for them and once the car is resold your responsible for any money lost! You guys with all your stories are funny! If a person pulls a gun or does not give up the car voluntarily then that person will have a warrant sworn out on them and will remain in jail until they give up the car! The law is not on your side! Its not your car until its paid for! Like I said I hate this part of the business but sometimes its necessary!