thinking about a new encore barrel

not experienced in those calibers but itll definitely have to be an aftermarket barrel since TC is no more. Which is sad cause i love my encore and contender.

Lonegle57

Am sure both are capable for deer or hogs. My research would be the availability of reloading for supplies and the cost of each.

I bought a rifle barrel from Haus of Arms for my encore. I’m pretty sure they have the 357 max barrels for rifle and pistol. Great company to do business with.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
357 maximum is still popular with custom barrel makers, I'm not familiar with the other load

Lilly001

The .357 maximum is a very pleasant shooter out of a 10” barrel.
I shoot 200 grain hard-cast loaded by Reeds in mine.
I’ve not yet used mine on game.
I do have a supply of once fired brass that I could be traded out of.
I also have three boxes of Remington 158 grain soft points that I will never shoot.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I made the decision long ago that i will not reload, ao i always try to stay with popular cartridges. I decided to get a 30-30 barrel for my encore. The heavy barrel is pretty awesome hardly any recoil. IMG_0941.jpegBullberry Custom - threaded.

pacecars

I have had good barrels from MGM

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
The .357 maximum is a very pleasant shooter out of a 10” barrel.
I shoot 200 grain hard-cast loaded by Reeds in mine.
I’ve not yet used mine on game.
I do have a supply of once fired brass that I could be traded out of.
I also have three boxes of Remington 158 grain soft points that I will never shoot.
are those Remington 158 loads factory loads? I reload for mine but have 1 box of factory loads I found years ago- never fired one from that box just a shelf queen!