This Forum

Tmpr111

....yea I'm wondering why I can see yours :)

Speaking of "This Forum", it's been on fire the last few days!

Coenen

I've noticed that too, "This Forum" has been looking good ever since "This Post". Coincidence? I think not!

I hope it keeps going, I like having an outlet for fishing talk. It keeps the fires stoked.

Lanier Jim

The only "click" on here is the RWC (Rainbow Warrior Club)...and I'm the CEO! :) That's due to me fishing fruity colored worms...."Fruity Worms Rule"

Just playing around some -

LJ

Backlasher82

The only "click" on here is the RWC (Rainbow Warrior Club)...and I'm the CEO! :) That's due to me fishing fruity colored worms...."Fruity Worms Rule"

Just playing around some -

LJ

Oh man, don't tell me y'all are gonna have another turf war with the BB Boom boys.:hair:

I think the mods are still finding bodies from the last time.

Lanier Jim

LOL....RWC for life! :)

Randall

I haven't been here much because I don't have time to fish much and a lot of the stuff here just got old once the forum got bigger. But when I was first invited here it was by a guy I just ran into fishing who introduced me to a lot of his friends who were on here and it was just the Woodys forum with no GON. I made a bunch of friends here but many have left. The thing that changed was once the forum was mostly just people sharing fish stories advice etc. Two things changed when the numbers of people went up. First is more people saw it as a way to advertise. I would tell someone somehow involved in the fishing industry about a post or something I read or saw on here and their eyes lit up not from the subject of the post but just finding out there was a forum with so many people on it they didn't know about so they could make posts just to promote products and invite their prostaffer friends to join in and help. Then it was arguments and fights between different camps and posts being made just to promote products or defend people and products. At times it was entertaining, and I got sucked into my share of disagreements etc. I also got some guide trips because over time people found out I was a guide at the time but in the end it just got old because of the advertising being a main focus of so many posts. One guide told me if all the people mostly here to promote left there wouldn't be a forum anymore. I disagree but it just changed the atmosphere here. Second thing has already been said. I would get to a lake after making a post of a trip where we did well and somebody would be waiting nearby to follow. I still come by from time to time to read posts like tonight, don't fish much myself and the advertising seems less now that most of the prostaffers have facebook.

mpwarrak

I have to attribute almost all of my striper knowledge to this forum and it's members. It brought me from 0-60 quickly!

Sure, anywhere there are humans, (sinners) there will be problems, but I think the mods have done an excellent job. I don't mind reading a good argument / debate now and then, but I would not read this forum if profanity, etc, was allowed. The mods have kept strong on that, many other forums out there are NOT family friendly. We have lots of young guys on here.

Now as for me, life keeps getting busier, I used to have time to mess around when I did office work, but I'm almost always on the road now... posting on the forum is one of the first things that gets bumped from my schedule. Shoot, I can't even get enough time to go fishing much!

Buzz

Social media has put the hurting on most Internet Message Boards. There are a few outdoor forums that are still extremely active but many have declined greatly in terms of what's posted about hunting / fishing / guns / etc.

As far as fishing goes, I think a lot of it is simply tournament fishing. 15 years ago there was a fraction of the number of tournaments that there is today. Now it seems like people's Sunday school classes have their own tournaments. Seems many in the tournament crowd would rather share their woman than risking losing the grand prize of $150 in their local club tournament. :)

Sweetwater

Anyone can join "The Clique" for a low one time fee of $29.95 plus s and h. Members enjoy vip access to all the bb boom and sinclair threads. Plus....if you act fast...you get a bb boom t shirt with the famous hand drawn logo in high contrast black sharpie...and a pair of hand crafted jorts.

Pm me for details.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Sweetwater, Please forward to any participating Administrator the mandatory $5,000 fee for advertising on Woody's.
Thank You
:)

StriperrHunterr

Social media has put the hurting on most Internet Message Boards. There are a few outdoor forums that are still extremely active but many have declined greatly in terms of what's posted about hunting / fishing / guns / etc.

As far as fishing goes, I think a lot of it is simply tournament fishing. 15 years ago there was a fraction of the number of tournaments that there is today. Now it seems like people's Sunday school classes have their own tournaments. Seems many in the tournament crowd would rather share their woman than risking losing the grand prize of $150 in their local club tournament. :)

They carry the same mentality out on the water, too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone can join "The Clique" for a low one time fee of $29.95 plus s and h. Members enjoy vip access to all the bb boom and sinclair threads. Plus....if you act fast...you get a bb boom t shirt with the famous hand drawn logo in high contrast black sharpie...and a pair of hand crafted jorts.

Pm me for details.

Yes, but I think the Click is $59.95 and is open to new members by invitation only.

Scout'nStripers

Well, it's just not the same. Activity (esp for this time of year) has been way down it seems. Aside from the Captain's wonderful stories, and the occasional big bass pic n story, there just isn't much on here anymore.

I can't remember a past time when the first page still had threads lingering from 2-3 days back. It just really stinks - the information and knowledge that was once being passed around on here was better than most!

Imo, much of it can be attributed to the trolling that eventually got so bad. I can only guess but I think folks just got tired of that trash. Who knows. Stinks though.
You're right and it's a shame. I've been a member here for a lot of years and have always posted the same stuff since day one. My only goal here on the forum is to provide useful information to fishermen. I started a little fishing tackle company for beer money and still posted my reports on here no different that any other time. MY intent was to provide information on what tackle and colors were working for me. I never asked anyone to buy my tackle and really didn't care if you bought it or not. If you didn't buy my stuff I could fish more and wouldn't be in the shop making tackle. It's just as easy if not easier to buy something that looks like the lure I was using. It was just a way of showing people what was working for me but I was accused many times for advertising. Providing useful information was probably the goal of most of the guides that used to post on here and I for one enjoyed the information and the pictures and never looked at it as advertising..

These problems started when a certain group of folks came along. We all know them. They grace us with their presence once in a blue moon, even though they've added little to nothing useful to the forum in years but just show up to whine about the possibility of perceived advertising or maybe make fun of someone who has been banned or long gone from the forum. Then they crawl back under a rock till the next opportunity to whine, harass someone or act childish comes up.

I know a lot of my long time fishing friends and some of the guides who used to post on here no longer do because of what I mentioned above. Some may say it's because they don't want to give up their secret fishing locations but that's just an excuse. Nobody is going to see any location I don't want you to see on here and good fisherman and guides are the same. Go to their Facebook pages and look at plenty of pictures and reports and tell me again why they don't post on here anymore! They have no problem with pictures and reports on other public forums. It's a shame when a good fishing report from a very knowledgeable fishermen get's a couple of token comments or the guy gets harassed over something stupid, but a controversial post about a tree, snake or the opportunity to whine or make fun of someone get's 10 times the attention.

I really like the forum and there are still some really good folks on here and that's why I'm still here. I'm just going to keep on posting my reports until they throw me out of here.

Last edited:

fish hawk

Bass Master
Small water fishing is frowned upon by the general consensus.If you don't fish big lakes like Lanier or for stripers there's really nothing to talk about.

Tmpr111

.....I do get lost in some of the deeper water / bigger boat terminology. I've also seen some really nice bass on here caught in smaller water that were labeled as "shooting fish in a barrel". That stinks because fooling a pond giant is often next to impossible to do! It's also why many of your larger bass come from ponds IMO - it took them being very smart to get that big.

fish hawk

Bass Master
.....I do get lost in some of the deeper water / bigger boat terminology. I've also seen some really nice bass on here caught in smaller water that were labeled as "shooting fish in a barrel". That stinks because fooling a pond giant is often next to impossible to do! It's also why many of your larger bass come from ponds IMO - it took them being very smart to get that big.

At 49 I've been there and done that,tournments,big lakes and the whole nine yards.Now verses a crowded lake I enjoy the peace and solitude that small waters offer and simply just enjoy fishing be it crappie,bream,bass or whatever is biting at the time and I'll even brave the river during the spring striper and hybrid run.I still fish some big lakes from time to time but it's usually in the winter when the crowds have left.
If catching a giant bass from small water is easy then I would catch a double digit every time I went.
Nice pig in your avatar:cool:

Attachments

• havasu-crowded-lake.jpg
    havasu-crowded-lake.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 538
  • DSCN8211.JPG
    DSCN8211.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 546

sinclair1

At 49 I've been there and done that,tournments,big lakes and the whole nine yards.Now verses a crowded lake I enjoy the peace and solitude that small waters offer and simply just enjoy fishing be it crappie,bream,bass or whatever is biting at the time and I'll even brave the river during the spring striper and hybrid run.I still fish some big lakes from time to time but it's usually in the winter when the crowds have left.
If catching a giant bass from small water is easy then I would catch a double digit every time I went.

Both spots offer good fishing, but once you get old and married, we tend to like the creeks more.:bounce: