Time for some soul searching --- are you a "contributing" member?

S&S rules have been revised again.

Now you have to be a "contributing member" to post in S&S. So you need to look inward, and determine if you are a contributing member, or just along for the ride.

It's going to be interesting to see how this one plays out.

The Swap and Sell forums were established as an added benefit of this site so that private individuals who are contributing forum members may engage in buying, selling and swapping of personal items. Contributing members are defined as those that are active in more than just the Swap and Sell forums. If you are a business selling inventory please use the Member Services forums.

I note that one poster with 175 posts in S&S, and none in other forums, now has two in other forums in the last two days.

sandhillmike

Gone but not forgotten
Well. I don't know how much I "contribute", but I post in several forums. :biggrin2:

bearpugh

Gone but not forgotten
they probably wish i'd stop contributing. lol. wonder how this affects new members who haven't contributed yet?

Gentleman4561

amen....this is what i have been looking for, for a looong time. I was getting sick of all the dealers on here

no clever name

Not a big deal except for the people that are only here for the S&S.

There's lots of forums that require 25, 50 or more "quality" post and/or a minimum amount of time that you have been a board member before you can post in their classifieds sections.

dbodkin

Does that count for all the dealers/pawn shops selling in the S&S?:confused:

killitgrillit

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Well, the new policy must be having a beneficial effect already.

Another S&S "non-dealer" with 220 posts in S&S in less than a year has made two "contributing" posts in the last two days. Talk about getting with the program.

Al33

It is important to understand that the Swap and
Sell forums were added as a privilege and benefit to the active members to swap and sell their personal items. It was never intended to be an Internet flea market which is what some have come to use it for. It is the people who come here for the sole purpose of selling their enormous amounts of stuff and spam the S&S forums that create the most problems. We are working hard to remedy these problems without unduly causing aggravations on those of you who use them as they were and are intended.

Thank you!

So, Al,....what happens to those who have no doubt shown that they are merely a broker or dealer. I mean, one member here has 186 posts, only 6 of them in a forum other than S&S which happened to start popping up on the 15th. He has 114 started threads and all but two are in the S&S and of the ones in the S&S, 95% or better have engines...no doubt in my mind he is a broker or a dealer.... Either that or he has the most impressive collection of used cars, trucks, boats, lawn mowers etc etc known to man.

MudDucker

Staff member
I am a contributor ... I contribute confusion where ever possible. :bounce:

Mel

There's lots of forums that require 25, 50 or more "quality" post and/or a minimum amount of time that you have been a board member before you can post in their classifieds sections.
Yep and it works. I'm on several forums that have this policy in effect.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Ive got 16,494 posts......i dont think Ive contributed............

rjcruiser

I like it. As long as the SDD forum opens back up, I'm a contributor ;)