Trail Camera To Catch A Thief?

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
I remember Early Riser's episode of catching his thief in Hancock County.

Anybody else on board that could give me some pointers?

I would like to have all the bases covered before risking my camera.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Ga-Spur

Take a picture of a sign saying this camera belongs to Woody Coffee and is stolen call the police . Just don't forget to tell CVS or Wal-Mart developers about the first picture.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Woody,
I would think that if a deputy in the jurisdiction were to be involved in the placing of the camera any evidence collected by that camera should be admissible in that jurisdictions courts. Maybe they could put a tape seal or something on the camera to assure no body messed with the film.

Call the local investigators office and pose your proposed plan to film the thief(s)

Good luck
MM

Slayer

I must have missed ER's story about catching a thief...

can it possibly be posted again, sure would be nice to hear a story were the good guy comes out on top and a low down dirty %$^#*(^&*^(&()%$$@&*_)*&@#@$%^()(*+*%$^&#^&*_+)&*(^%*(%(&(_(+*$@#$%^&*(+_()*(&%$^&*()_)*&&%$$^&*()_+)$##$@#@#^%%#)(&*)&*()(&*()^*(%.
gets whats coming to him....especially if it was through the use of something they were wanting to steal anyway!!!

please, please Mr. ER...tell me a story!!!!

savage

camera

Use a ladder to put it high in a tree/pole and out of reach. Then angle it down to cover the area you want to cover. Turn off the flash. You may also want to camo it up a bit to help blend in. The pictures you get ARE admissable in court as I have seen them used to make Burglary cases in Hancock county. Good luck!

Randy

I do this not only to try and keep thieves but also to get better shots. I stand on my 4 wheeler and reach as high as I can. THis does not put it way up but out of the line of site and the reach of most. It at least makes it harder to get to. It makes good over head photos too.