Trapping Yotes

coolbreezeroho

I'm wanting to thin out the yotes some on the lease I'm on. I was thinking about setting out some traps for the yotes. Now I would only be setting out the traps when I'm down working on stands or clearing out some shooting lanes. This might be 10 or 12 times during the off season. From what I've read I still need to buy the trapping license correct ? I will not be keeping any of the hides.

Roho

Last edited:

coolbreezeroho

Guess its a no go on trapping Yotes then I'm from NC. I cant justified paying the license fee for being out of state. Too bad for me ......Thanks for reinforcing what I was thinking was so.

Roho

Lilly001

Yes.
I'm an out of state land owner and I can't justify the cost to trap Yotes on my own property.
I ended up allowing a neighbor to do it. I do help him make the sets and I payed him for the cost of the traps. But he sets and monitors them.
It's a bit of a pain to do it this way, but it gets the job done.

coolbreezeroho

I own some property also but I was wanting to trap on the lease I'm on. It is what it is though. If I was trapping for profit I can see paying the high cost. I thought it would be fun to do and take out a few yotes while doing it