Tripple 7 pellets

kmaxwell3

I just got a CVA Wolf 50 cal Muzzle loader. It came with triple 7 powder pellets. Do you have to load them a certain way like the Pyrodix pellets?

rosewood

I was using the 777 pellets in my Wolf, and they shoot well, but dang they are dirty. You have to swab the barrel after about every 2nd shot. If you don't, you have to force it pass the soot ring to get it to seat. Went back and tried BH209 this last week and shot 6-7 shots and the last was almost as easy to load as the 1st. I am going to stick with BH209 from now on. Shooting 110 grains by volume under a Hornady 250 SST and getting good groups.

Rosewood

AliBubba

Several years back I wanted to "unload" my ML by removing the breech plug. I was using 777. The pellets were all broken up in different sizes in the breech. That told me that once fired there will be inconsistency how they ignite and therefore impacting accuracy. I started using BH209 and have ever since... that's my story..

rosewood

I have never had mine broken up. Everytime I opened the breech with 777 pellets, they just fail out in like I had just put them in. I wonder if you compressed them too much when seating your bullet?

Rosewood

Buford_Dawg

I have had no issues with 777 pellets. Really accurate and dependable. Love the ease of use and if I dont fire them, simply remove breech plug and they fall out and I re-use later.

hambone76

I have never had mine broken up. Everytime I opened the breech with 777 pellets, they just fail out in like I had just put them in. I wonder if you compressed them too much when seating your bullet?

Rosewood
Most likely so.
I use the 777 pellets as well. I have a mark on my ram rod and it serves as a guide to let me know if the load is firmly seated. Once the mark on my ram rod is lined up with the end of my barrel, I know it is seated properly.

rosewood

Whatever came in it. I have read about a different plug, but mine has always shot fine with what came in it.

Rosewood