Truck wrap

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Paint on my '04 Ram is fading and I'm thinking about getting it wrapped instead of repainted.
Anyone done this or know an approximate cost to do an entire vehicle?

Pro's or Con's to wrapping?

transfixer

My ex used to install wraps, it wasn't cheap 7 or 8 yrs ago, I"m sure it hasn't gotten any cheaper, I'm guessing at least 4 to $5000

The wraps are good for about 5yrs, depending on how much the vehicle sits in the sun, some colors will fade quicker than others, if it isn't installed correctly you can have issues with it coming loose around corner edges and door edges

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
My ex used to install wraps, it wasn't cheap 7 or 8 yrs ago, I"m sure it hasn't gotten any cheaper, I'm guessing at least 4 to $5000

The wraps are good for about 5yrs, depending on how much the vehicle sits in the sun, some colors will fade quicker than others, if it isn't installed correctly you can have issues with it coming loose around corner edges and door edges
Wow.
I may just clear coat it and call it patina.

transfixer

The material isn't cheap, and unless something better has come along , 3m vinyl was the best, the installation is likely half the cost, as it is a rather time consuming and tedious job, especially on a vehicle with rounded fenders and multiple curves

trial&error

I've seen offers on craigslist for around $2k. It's not a design or anything custom and you were stuck with whatever colors they had left over.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Spray it with truck Bedliner

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Find a sponsor to wrap it for you.