Tyler Childers

TurkeyH90

As far as TC he did some good music. I don't guess he is any more woke than Isbell, Ryan Bingham, or Zach Bryan. I try not to look into their politics anymore than I have to by listening to their songs. They all have songs I skip.

ryork

One of the best ever by John Anderson is "Look Away" describes a lot of circumstances being discussed. "Years" is a good one too. Just about the whole Tokyo, Oklahoma album was really good

I haven’t thought about “Look Away” in a couple decades most likely. Loved it then and it is much more applicable these days.

Artfuldodger

Not a lot more politically controversial than some of the stuff Cash sang about in his day…and I don’t mean A Boy Named Sue!
Had to look at that, was it his protest songs? Reading this;
"He recorded these songs not to inspire activists so much as to confront his mostly white listeners with the shocking, documented brutality their silence made possible."

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
As far as TC he did some good music. I don't guess he is any more woke than Isbell, Ryan Bingham, or Zach Bryan. I try not to look into their politics anymore than I have to by listening to their songs. They all have songs I skip.
Isbell got sober and his music sucks now and is all about fluffy stuff. I've never noticed Ryan Bingham being woke or writing woke songs or pushing agendas. I don't know Zach Bryan.

hopper

He’s from the mountains in Kentucky. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about if you catch my drift.
Wow 6 months Sober. Yeah right he's got clarity :ROFLMAO: He's at the point in sobriety most people find out just how stupid they are.
The question he should be asking is Why Don't We open the paper and see East Kentucky kid shot by game warden reaching for his fishing license. Probably because he's fishin and not thugin.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
The Steve Earle of his generation.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Never heard of him before this thread.
Based on what I've seen & heard him say on here, he's an idiot.
His video reminds me of the "white privilege" commercials on TV.
That garbage does nothing but continue fostering division & hate.
Their agenda is not to unite us.
You do not unite by tearing down one segment of the population.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Never heard of him before this thread.
Based on what I've seen & heard him say on here, he's an idiot.
His video reminds me of the "white privilege" commercials on TV.
That garbage does nothing but continue fostering division & hate.
Their agenda is not to unite us.
You do not unite by tearing down one segment of the population.
I’m not interested in uniting with them.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Isbell got sober and his music sucks now and is all about fluffy stuff. I've never noticed Ryan Bingham being woke or writing woke songs or pushing agendas. I don't know Zach Bryan.
You would like Zach Bryan’s music ok. But it’s not something I can listen to a lot. He’s not without talent for sure. But my wife likes his music. Nuff said.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Also, Isbell’s new album is pretty dang good. Probably the best music he has made since leaving the Truckers in my opinion. He’s still a fruit snack but it’s a dang good album.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Also, Isbell’s new album is pretty dang good. Probably the best music he has made since leaving the Truckers in my opinion. He’s still a fruit snack but it’s a dang good album.
I don't think I've heard the new one.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I don't think I've heard the new one.
Yeah it’s only a few weeks old. I’ve been playing the song King of Oklahoma from that one.

Listen to the song Vestavia Hills and see if you don’t think that’s supposed to be from Cooley’s perspective at one of Jason’s earlier solo shows.

furtaker

I know what you mean but I never liked either one of them. Faith Hill is nice to look at but I throw her on the same pile with Garth Brooks and the rest of that crap. And Mr Indian Outlaw always made cheesy music and I never liked his voice. They’re both clowns.
Can't stand McGraw or his wife. I read one time that he has the most doctored up voice in Nashville. He whines like a calf dying in a hailstorm. And he and his wife are outspoken gun haters. They sure think they are hot stuff though.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Can't stand McGraw or his wife. I read one time that he had the most doctored up voice in Nashville. He whines like a calf dying in a hailstorm. And he and his wife are outspoken gun haters. They sure think they are hot stuff though.
He’s a clown. Always has been. He can run around Paris with that skull cap on and try and pose as an intellectual all he wants, he’s still the cheese daddy that gave the world Indian Outlaw etc.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I liked Tylers early music and as has been said he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. I spent my childhood where he's from. I saw two black people total in the 12 years before Dad took a job in the steel mills in Ohio. Since he left the mountains, he's been high and drunk most of the time. Don't think he's been doing meaningful social studies during that time.

Gator89

I heard Merle Haggard give an interview a few years before he died. I don't believe a lot folks would have embraced "Okie From Muscogee" if they truly understood Merle's intended message.

“The main message is about pride,” Haggard said of the track in 2012, speaking to The Music Hall magazine. “My father was an Okie from Muskogee when ‘Okie’ was considered a four-letter word. I think it became an anthem for people who were not being noticed or recognised in any way – the silent majority. It brought them pride. And today the song still speaks to conditions going on in this world.”

Gator89

Ray Wiley Hubbard is as liberal as they come, but if he plays within a 3-4 hours drive of us, my wife and I will do all we can to be in the audience.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I heard Merle Haggard give an interview a few years before he died. I don't believe a lot folks would have embraced "Okie From Muscogee" if they truly understood Merle's intended message.

“The main message is about pride,” Haggard said of the track in 2012, speaking to The Music Hall magazine. “My father was an Okie from Muskogee when ‘Okie’ was considered a four-letter word. I think it became an anthem for people who were not being noticed or recognised in any way – the silent majority. It brought them pride. And today the song still speaks to conditions going on in this world.”
I’ve heard him say something totally different about that song.