UGA Defensive End Gets arrested for bashing face of fellow student -- 3 Dogs "gone"

rex upshaw

lol... me and my bro-in-law sat behind his girlfriend at the Bama game this year. needless to say she didnt like us very much (especially my bro-in-law.)

he killed us early in the season.....and his girlfriend would have hated me as well. i am ready for figgins to take over and for white to see some action as well....bring tc in for blocking....although, i think figgins has become pretty solid in that dept.

Doc_Holliday23

he killed us early in the season.....and his girlfriend would have hated me as well. i am ready for figgins to take over and for white to see some action as well....bring tc in for blocking....although, i think figgins has become pretty solid in that dept.

you can only drop so many 3rd-and-long passes when you're wide open over the middle. I remember the crowd erupting with approval at the kentucky game when he caught a fairly insignificant pass for a modest gain. standing ovation.

Ol' Red

Banned
if Tripp swings a bat like he catches a football he would've swung and missed everytime... :bounce:

and btw... Tripp Chandler got nailed on a possession of alcohol by a minor charge. It was Tripp Taylor who supposedly beat a kid with a baseball bat and then peed on him.

You know its bad when you can't even keep the charges straight on members of your football team.

Tripp Taylor/Tripp Chandler.....Either way it doesn't look like anything ever came of it:huh: If I remember correctly, the authorities thought the other guy was more at fault than Chandler......

Red

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
you can only drop so many 3rd-and-long passes when you're wide open over the middle. I remember the crowd erupting with approval at the kentucky game when he caught a fairly insignificant pass for a modest gain. standing ovation.

Yeah that was done with alot of sarcasm.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
yeah, actually today was the first I'd ever heard of it.

SGD, very sarcastic. Even the guys calling the game on television were laughing about it.

Yeah I remember. I have to believe that if he has hands of stone early this year his job will belong to Bruce Figgins. Figgins is a monster and I was surprised he didn't see more action last year.

greene_dawg

UGA has had two arrests this year that amount to anything serious. A DUI and Lemon beating someone senseless. Touching a pregnant womas belly and consumption by a minor in Athens, Ga don't exactly top my list of thuggish acts. Some or y'all are just haters.

greene_dawg

"The player for the drug arrest was kicked off the team, couldn't even come to the field or school. After the kid was found innocent, the school and football had no choice but to let the kid back on the team. If not, he could have filed a lawsuit. They could have used redshirt and let him play the next season, but instead they played him the last two games of that season so he would have no eligibility left."

Houston was not found innocent. He entered a plea bargain and was sentenced to a whole 9 months for felony drug charges. The judge ordered him back on the team but it was Gaileys choice to play him.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
UGA has had two arrests this year that amount to anything serious. A DUI and Lemon beating someone senseless. Touching a pregnant womas belly and consumption by a minor in Athens, Ga don't exactly top my list of thuggish acts. Some or y'all are just haters.

I don't have a problem with what Lemon did as much as how he did it. If the guy had been bothering his girlfriend, I don't have any problem with him hitting the guy. If that makes me a cave man then I guess I can get a job with Geico. His mistake to me was the fact that he went overboard and had to be restrained. Like you said most of the uproar is just the delight of the haters that we are having problems.

greene_dawg

South Ga - I've been in a fight or two myself but I'm 6'2 185. He's a 6'4 275lb DE for a BCS school. From what I've heard he didn't just rough the dude up. He knocked him down then straddled him and continued to punch his head into the ground. Stupid move on his part. He could've picked the guy up over his head and tossed him in the pool, made the other guy look like a fool, and walked away. Now it is unlikely he'll strap on the pads again unless all of these reports are false.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
South Ga - I've been in a fight or two myself but I'm 6'2 185. He's a 6'4 275lb DE for a BCS school. From what I've heard he didn't just rough the dude up. He knocked him down then straddled him and continued to punch his head into the ground. Stupid move on his part. He could've picked the guy up over his head and tossed him in the pool, made the other guy look like a fool, and walked away. Now it is unlikely he'll strap on the pads again unless all of these reports are false.

I know. I'm agreeing with you. Like you I've been in some fights myself. I'm a decent sized guy but I'm no D-I defensive end. I agree he went too far. That's what I'm saying. This punk probably deserved a punch in the mouth and that's it. It should have stopped there. Or maybe like you said throwing him in the pool or something like slapping him would have done more to embarrass him and keep Lemon out of any real trouble. I wish it hadn't happened. We'll have to wait and see what happens and if the felony charge sticks.

troutman34

No sir, Ol Red. Not made up. I have alot of family that are BIG Boosters for GA. My Uncle actually has an athletic scholarship in his name at GA. I am actually going to the GA/LSU game this year. And am very good friends with several old GA player (Kurt McGill, Ian Knight, Stinchcomb Bros, alot of the Gwinnett County boys.) I get lots of info from them. I'm not the GA hater you all think, I just like busting the chops of GA fans. Most fans think GA is better than they are year in and out and it makes me laugh. I lived in Athens for three years, just grew up going to Tech games with my grandfather.

About the University getting on Richt, it was in the AJC just this past season. Written by the beat writer that covers GA. So it's pretty sad Ol Red a Tech man knows more about your beloved dawgs than you do.

troutman34

I do agree with you there Green, but if he didn't play then he could have used his redshirt and came back the next season.

Come'on the boy was an entreprenuer. He was set to make amost $100K off that deal. LOL

Ol' Red

Banned
No sir, Ol Red. Not made up. I have alot of family that are BIG Boosters for GA. My Uncle actually has an athletic scholarship in his name at GA. I am actually going to the GA/LSU game this year. And am very good friends with several old GA player (Kurt McGill, Ian Knight, Stinchcomb Bros, alot of the Gwinnett County boys.) I get lots of info from them. I'm not the GA hater you all think, I just like busting the chops of GA fans. Most fans think GA is better than they are year in and out and it makes me laugh. I lived in Athens for three years, just grew up going to Tech games with my grandfather.

About the University getting on Richt, it was in the AJC just this past season. Written by the beat writer that covers GA. So it's pretty sad Ol Red a Tech man knows more about your beloved dawgs than you do.

Wow man....touch you:bounce: If you are so tight with the dawgs, how are you a Tech fan? I bet you're that red headed step child we hear so much about.....

Are you referring to Terrence Moore? If so, that guy is a complete idiot. Most people on the PLANET will agree with that. I doubt UGA's athletic dept. would let info out about the university coming down on Richt..... ESPECIALLY to some jack leg journalist like Terrence Moore.

Red

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Wow man....touch you:bounce: If you are so tight with the dawgs, how are you a Tech fan? I bet you're that red headed step child we hear so much about.....

Are you referring to Terrence Moore? If so, that guy is a complete idiot. Most people on the PLANET will agree with that. I doubt UGA's athletic dept. would let info out about the university coming down on Richt..... ESPECIALLY to some jack leg journalist like Terrence Moore.

Red

You knailed it Red. Terrence Moore is a tool. That guy hates UGA so much that it's almost fascinating in a perverse sort of way, kind of like a train wreck. He finds a way to inject the end zone celebration against Florida into every single article and whine about how he didn't like it. One of the guys that commented on the article made a great point. he said that now Moore is saying Mark Richt is falling down on the job for not kicking anybody off the team. But if that happened he would be screaming bloody murder about how racist UGA is and how it wasn't fair and racially motivated. Because we all know the only thing Moore loves talking about more than his hatred for UGA it's how everything can somehow be attributed to racism. There is no need to take anything that guy says seriously.

Doc_Holliday23

actually, I think Jeff Schultz is the ajc writer that wrote the piece trout is referring to.

Nobody is foolish enough to reference Terrence Moore in this forum, I don't think. He is the most gigantic a-clown in the universe.

greene_dawg

Can't speak to which article he's referring to but there is one by Moore in there today. And for the record, Chip Towers is the beat writer...