Unicoi 2023

ol bob

January 13/14 2023.

mizuno24jad

Ive heard of this show for years but never been, me and a couple buddies are thinking about driving up for this one, what can we expect and im assuming their will be custom calls for sale?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
More than you can imagine from most of the best call makers in the Southeast. Along with a lot of other support vendors

ol bob

If you were only going to one turkey show in your lifetime this would be the one to go to.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Ive heard of this show for years but never been, me and a couple buddies are thinking about driving up for this one, what can we expect and im assuming their will be custom calls for sale?
If your going looking for all the latest gadgets and latest and greatest stuff (think Blast or NWTF show) then it's not the show for you. If your going for some of the finest custom made turkey calls you'll ever see then it's right up your alley. Some of the biggest names in custom made calls will be there. Take your time, talk to folks and try the calls. There is more turkey knowledge in that room than you could ever imagine. Also just a FYI better stop by the bank and get some extra cash you'll need it. Here is the vendor list.

Vendor list for 2023......
Aj Hiner, Anthony Ellis, Billy McCallister, Bob Harwell, Brian Lawter (Roger Parks), Chad Scruggs, Daniel Harris, Darrin Dawkins James Harrison), Dean Redbeard Mundhenke, Derek Fowler,
Dickie Champion (Steve Fowler), Doug Morgan, Ed Jenkins (Brad Roberts), Fred E Cox Jr., Grant Odom, Hoyt Brown, Irving Whitt, Jamey Rex, Jeffrey Erb, Jeff Lacey & Clay Townsend, Jeff McKamey, Jeremy Stafford, Jimmy Schaffer, Jody Harrison, John Dangerfield, Kevin Cantrell, Kevin Dorsey, Kevin Farr, Kevin Kirkpatrick( and maybe Cubby), Kyle Osborne & Eric Osborne, Lamar Williams, Larry Halford (Jeff Harrison), Larry Stephens, Lee Chadwick, Lee Smith (James Witmer), Lon Trice (Steve Morganstern), Mark McPhail (Mike Cook), Mark Prudhomme (Pat Strawser), Don Watkins (T J Johnston) (Ron Bolyard), Matt Fulkerson (Steve Lumma), Matt Mclain (Ralph Permar), Mike Lapp (Ralph Snodgrass), Paul Durham, Richard Hudson, Ron Watters (Robert Mosely), Steve Brown, Steve Mann (Marvin Breedlove), Steve Turpin, Tim Bullock, Thomas Jameson (Tommy Carter), Tim Sandford, Todd Black, Tony Ezolt (Jimmy Bottino), Tony Quarino Sportsman's Variety, Wendell Lancaster (Tom Osmar), Will Dutton, Duncan Dobie, Glenda Green, Ed Muller, Larry Proffitt, Bryan Absher,
Herb Mcclure and Ray Berryhill.

mizuno24jad

If your going looking for all the latest gadgets and latest and greatest stuff (think Blast or NWTF show) then it's not the show for you. If your going for some of the finest custom made turkey calls you'll ever see then it's right up your alley. Some of the biggest names in custom made calls will be there. Take your time, talk to folks and try the calls. There is more turkey knowledge in that room than you could ever imagine. Also just a FYI better stop by the bank and get some extra cash you'll need it. Here is the vendor list.

Vendor list for 2023......
Aj Hiner, Anthony Ellis, Billy McCallister, Bob Harwell, Brian Lawter (Roger Parks), Chad Scruggs, Daniel Harris, Darrin Dawkins James Harrison), Dean Redbeard Mundhenke, Derek Fowler,
Dickie Champion (Steve Fowler), Doug Morgan, Ed Jenkins (Brad Roberts), Fred E Cox Jr., Grant Odom, Hoyt Brown, Irving Whitt, Jamey Rex, Jeffrey Erb, Jeff Lacey & Clay Townsend, Jeff McKamey, Jeremy Stafford, Jimmy Schaffer, Jody Harrison, John Dangerfield, Kevin Cantrell, Kevin Dorsey, Kevin Farr, Kevin Kirkpatrick( and maybe Cubby), Kyle Osborne & Eric Osborne, Lamar Williams, Larry Halford (Jeff Harrison), Larry Stephens, Lee Chadwick, Lee Smith (James Witmer), Lon Trice (Steve Morganstern), Mark McPhail (Mike Cook), Mark Prudhomme (Pat Strawser), Don Watkins (T J Johnston) (Ron Bolyard), Matt Fulkerson (Steve Lumma), Matt Mclain (Ralph Permar), Mike Lapp (Ralph Snodgrass), Paul Durham, Richard Hudson, Ron Watters (Robert Mosely), Steve Brown, Steve Mann (Marvin Breedlove), Steve Turpin, Tim Bullock, Thomas Jameson (Tommy Carter), Tim Sandford, Todd Black, Tony Ezolt (Jimmy Bottino), Tony Quarino Sportsman's Variety, Wendell Lancaster (Tom Osmar), Will Dutton, Duncan Dobie, Glenda Green, Ed Muller, Larry Proffitt, Bryan Absher,
Herb Mcclure and Ray Berryhill.
Thanks! Im in the market for a couple of new custom calls so sounds good to me

Toddmann

Hope to see y’all there!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Thanks! Im in the market for a couple of new custom calls so sounds good to me
All of the guys there make some awesome stuff. Mark who runs the show only invites the best of the best. If your a suction call kind of guy check out the wingbones made by AJ Hiner and Kevin Dorsey. Also look into Kevin's trumpets. I'm kind of partial to their calls I have multiple of each. A good wingbone is a game changer on high pressured birds for sure.

Lumpkin Hunter

This is a great show what time the first day do y'all think most of the call makers will have their tables set up? I didn't get go to last year and this year might be a miss but I might be able to go early the first day if most of the makers are set up. Mainly looking at trumpets and scratch boxes this year. As someone said another great trumpet is AGE calls. Mine is very easy to run and a beautiful call to boot.

ol bob

Most set up Thur. night.

herb mcclure

Can someone enlighten me as to why, hardly none of the folks that sponsor the Unicoi Call makers event, never comes on this GON Forum anymore? Unicodawg did list the vendors who will be their. But what about the open and closing times. A few years ago this forum would be humming with Unicoi. Some of us older backwoods turkey enthusiast are not Facebook fans.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Can someone enlighten me as to why, hardly none of the folks that sponsor the Unicoi Call makers event, never comes on this GON Forum anymore? Unicodawg did list the vendors who will be their. But what about the open and closing times. A few years ago this forum would be humming with Unicoi. Some of us older backwoods turkey enthusiast are not Facebook fans.

I have zero knowledge of that. But, I’d like to say thanks for penning that book of yours. It’s an excellent read. Much appreciated from a young fella

ol bob

Blame most of it on Fakebook, that's the place to be, to much drama for me.

ol bob

9-5 both days

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I think most serious turkey hunters go to a dedicated site for their fix. Ton of information on that site.
I agree that it’s not as popular here as it has been in the recent past. I have no idea on the lack of interest by a lot of people this year in particular. I don’t do Fakelook either