Uninvited guest!

crackerdave

Nothing better than having a lucky rat snake around the house except a lucky king snake!
I'd prefer they stay outside,but I'm glad to have a big pair of king snakes and rat snakes around.They used to keep the rats out of my tomato patch,but now I don't garden anymore and they're coming in the house.

Gotta get rid of the mice and rats! Gonna try the glue traps.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I'd prefer they stay outside,but I'm glad to have a big pair of king snakes and rat snakes around.They used to keep the rats out of my tomato patch,but now I don't garden anymore and they're coming in the house.

Gotta get rid of the mice and rats!
Wonder how he got in? He might have slipped in if you had any doors open for any length of time. I have one I call Curious George nearly slip in my house off the back porch one time.
If not that, then it's time for a few cans of spray foam to go around filling plumbing and electrical holes.

crackerdave

Wonder how he got in? He might have slipped in if you had any doors open for any length of time. I have one I call Curious George nearly slip in my house off the back porch one time.
If not that, then it's time for a few cans of spray foam to go around filling plumbing and electrical holes.
I think he came down the chimney,or through the unscreened window Cindy had open a couple days.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.

Gotta get rid of the mice and rats! Gonna try the glue traps.
Had a glue trap in my shop once, caught a mouse then a tree at snake that tried to eat the caught mouse.

crackerdave

I hope I don't catch any good snakes,but I can see how one would go after a caught rat or mouse.
Bet a snake would be hard to get off the glue without damaging it.

crackerdave

I have seen a copperhead once.A mockingbird chased him across the yard up to the house.I hope one of the king snakes got him since then.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Nothing better than having a lucky rat snake around the house except a lucky king snake!

Until the rat snake finds the chicken coop like I had on Sunday. He had to be taken off and released elsewhere.

Mars

I hope I don't catch any good snakes,but I can see how one would go after a caught rat or mouse.
Bet a snake would be hard to get off the glue without damaging it.

So I've heard, never tried it, you can pour vegetable oil on the trap and it will release any critters stuck on the glue trap.

crackerdave

So I've heard, never tried it, you can pour vegetable oil on the trap and it will release any critters stuck on the glue trap.
Thanks,I didn't know that.Might try that if I get a good snake.

kingfish

Got a resident Black Racer that made an appearance yesterday afternoon. Hadn't seen him in a few months. Startled me, until I made a positive ID. Glad to have him around.

gunnurse

I saw the “uninvited guest” title and started reading about a snake. After not seeing my ex’s picture, …