War Between the States trivia thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Howard or Slocumb, I think. Pat Cleyborne defended.

westcobbdog

Above Howard, his superior....Gen. Wood it is. Cleburnes men even did a crazed night attack if memory serves and stuck a few more bluecoats.

westcobbdog

Here's one from a battle that never happened:

I gave this General explicit orders to attack at Cassville Ga on the ground of my choosing with a plan I put together after being accused of too much retreating..this General pulled back from his strong position after a force of enemy cavalry appeared off his flank. Thinkng it was Schofields army instead of the small force it actually was. This back stabber directly disobeyed my orders that day and cost me a chance to smash Schofields smaller army.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The Confederacy would have been much better off if Hood had served with the Union IMO.

westcobbdog

Hood did some good things but did get many men slaughtered with his unauthorized attack at Kolb Farm against superior dug in numbers with a ton of artillery ,too. He simply was not qualified to lead an army, just a portion but with explicit orders.

At 5'5" 120 lbs wet I was a fierce General officer.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Hood did some good things but did get many men slaughtered with his unauthorized attack at Kolb Farm against superior dug in numbers with a ton of artillery ,too. He simply was not qualified to lead an army, just a portion but with explicit orders.

My guess is Beuregard

Resica

Sheridan was a little fellow.

RBM

I was a Major General. I led the last charge of the Confederate Cavalry on April 9, 1865 at Farmville, Virginia.

Okay. Here is another hint: After the WFSR I was the 40th Governor of Virginia and, won the medal of honor and was military governor of Havana during the Spanish-American War.

If I say much more it will give it away.

Last edited:

RBM

Is it that hard? I thought this would be a breeze.

Final hint: My uncle's nickname is Marble Man.

RBM

The answer is Fitzhugh Lee.

I was a Lieutenant General and I commanded 2nd Corps, ANV. My nickname is "Old Bald Head." Was given discretionary orders at Gettysburg but did not find it "practicable" to continue the opening assault of the engagement.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The answer is Fitzhugh Lee.

I was a Lieutenant General and I commanded 2nd Corps, ANV. My nickname is "Old Bald Head." Was given discretionary orders at Gettysburg but did not find it "practicable" to continue the opening assault of the engagement.

You are General Richard Ewell

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I was a Confederate commander during the Peninsula campaign and 7 days battles. I had a nickname due to the tactics used to make it appear that I had many more troops in the field than I really did.

Who am I and what was my nickname?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I was a Confederate commander during the Peninsula campaign and 7 days battles. I had a nickname due to the tactics used to make it appear that I had many more troops in the field than I really did.

Who am I and what was my nickname?

His middle name was Eggleston..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.