Wednesday Supper

slow motion

Didn't see a Wednesday night supper thread. I'll give it a minute to make sure someone else isn't typing currently. If so then I'll just jump in there and delete this one. Haven't posted much in this forum in a while but I've been keeping an eye on y'all. Lots of good meals.

georgia_home

Youth church tonight for my son. Dinner date with the mrs.

yesterday my son made another meal, and earned more trip money. Lasagna. Tasty. And a 1/2 pan for tomorrow or Friday.

also picked up the jalapeños for this weekend. Wife grabbed about 40. so.. poppers and popper dip. Also sumtin buffalo. Another dip, I fear, or maybe Buffalo tots. Still debating with myself.

going to a friends place Sunday. Don’t care bow da foosball, but good company. Those other guys will 20 different bets going though.

gon be good tailgate food in da hous

slow motion

Pretty sure I've posted before that the nurse's Italian heritage requires pasta. More than once she has mentioned how many days it's been since we had spaghetti. So today while she's working a little late I'm making pasta, particularly angel hair spaghetti. She really likes spaghetti and could eat her weight in it but for some reason prefers the really thin stuff. Now as for me I haven't been so diligent on my blood sugar diet. My last A1c was still in the pre-diabetic range but the doctor decided to put me back on Metformin. Time to get serious again. So no spag for me. First a little venison sausage from Illinois. They don't spice it up to my taste so a healthy dose of red pepper.20230208_175035.jpg20230208_175002.jpg

slow motion

A bit of an argument on breaking pasta around here. Nurse says it should fit the pot. As for me I have flashbacks from childhood and my mom using a cookie cutter to hack that stuff up so you can suck it through a straw. I believe pasta should be as long as possible. If I can find something that was 3 ft long that is what I would put in the pot. When it gets hot it slides on in there.
20230208_183652.jpg

Made sausage balls. Then some home cased venison sausage. Split one and pan fried for spag. The rest for the grill. Took some of the sausage balls and aged white cheddar and stuffed some jalapeños.

20230208_181036.jpg

20230208_182205.jpg20230208_183006.jpg

slow motion

I like to use toothpicks to hold the caps on the jalapenos after I've cored them. The pickings are a bit Slim on toothpicks at the moment. It could be because someone moved them or perhaps because I had a few sips of bourbon before I started looking for them. A much deeper thinker than me could suss out the truth but for now, and mainly b20230208_190617.jpgecause the nurse isn't home to point out where they are and remind me that she told me at least 27 times where they are, this shall remain one of lifes mysteries.

slow motion

Youth church tonight for my son. Dinner date with the mrs.

yesterday my son made another meal, and earned more trip money. Lasagna. Tasty. And a 1/2 pan for tomorrow or Friday.

also picked up the jalapeños for this weekend. Wife grabbed about 40. so.. poppers and popper dip. Also sumtin buffalo. Another dip, I fear, or maybe Buffalo tots. Still debating with myself.

going to a friends place Sunday. Don’t care bow da foosball, but good company. Those other guys will 20 different bets going though.

gon be good tailgate food in da hous
Come on now you know we need a picture.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Wife got me on that no bread and no tater diet. She said just don’t eat all this and you’ll get a good head start. So…..I didn’t eat the bones. She wasn’t impressed. 408C163E-115D-4C46-9FA5-0CC45A6C13BF.jpegABD0FA94-FA3B-492E-ABD8-2E927A597592.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

slow motion

If my wife ever tried to "put me" on a no bread and no tater diet, I would no longer have a wife. :)
Hoping you don't have to experience such but when you get older sometimes decisions are not fun.