Weekend eats!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Love when folks post a mashup of eats so here is mine from the weekend.

First off we had some honey teriyaki wings and sweet tater tots. Super easy meal all thrown in the air fryer. I haven't cooked wings outside the air fryer in a while now.

IMG_1682.jpg

Next up I did breakfast for dinner. Whipped up a skillet full of biscuits and finished it off with some fried deer tenderloin. Also had some scrambled eggs but they didn't make the picture.

IMG_1704.jpgIMG_1705.jpg

Lastly, I smoked two butts on the Traeger. These were mostly for the freezer for an upcoming trip, but I did sneak a bite or two...for quality control you know. I rubbed them down with Pork Barrel BBQ All American rub that I get from Sam's. They went on at 7 p.m. Saturday evening at 225 degrees. I let them roll until 8 a.m. Sunday morning. I didn't spray them or wrap them, which I normally do, and I'll tell you they were possibly the juiciest butts I have ever done. The low and slow is definitely worth it if you have the time, as these just fell apart and the slightest touch. Altogether, they netted about 12 lbs of meat that will ultimately be turned into BBQ nachos for the family.

IMG_1711.jpgIMG_1712.jpg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My goodness that all looks outstanding ! I’d dive in that pan of biscuits and fried deer steak first !

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Dang those wings look good. (y)(y)(y)

And I said I'd never have an air fryer. Might just be having second thoughts. :unsure: