Well my gravity feeder contraption is out

habersham hammer

Here is the finished product. I’m only feeding one tube right now. I blocked the other one off with a 4x4 block.

For you experienced gravity feeder users, do you think I have the feed tube too high off the ground for good access for them to use?

Attachments

• IMG_5435.jpeg
    IMG_5435.jpeg
    503.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_5444.jpeg
    IMG_5444.jpeg
    482.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_5440.jpeg
    IMG_5440.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5456.jpeg
    IMG_5456.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5452.jpeg
    IMG_5452.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5454.jpeg
    IMG_5454.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5459.jpeg
    IMG_5459.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 173

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Interesting. How does that work without the corn just pouring out on the ground? I'm looking at the pics but can't figure it out.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
That piece of rebar holds it in the feed tube
Oh, I see it now. I had to zoom in. So that rebar lip provides just enough resistance to keep it from pouring out. That ought to be a good trouble free feeder. I'd sink that mounting post deep to make sure nothing moved and it should last for years.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Looks great ! I haven’t used any but I think the height is good . Won’t take long to find out

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Looks great ! I haven’t used any but I think the height is good . Won’t take long to find out

Might be a little bit on the high side but other than that it looks good.

sghoghunter

The only gravity feeders I use is Banks and the recommend the feed ports to be 42 inches but that was too high here. We moved it down to around 37 if I remember right and they wear em out. Do y’all have hogs?

habersham hammer

I was afraid it was a tad bit high but it’s done now and half full of corn so fixing it would be a nightmare. I will just dump several buckets of dirt out and tamp it down to raise the ground up some until it is empty.

catch22

I was afraid it was a tad bit high but it’s done now and half full of corn so fixing it would be a nightmare. I will just dump several buckets of dirt out and tamp it down to raise the ground up some until it is empty.
woudlnt take too long to empty it....lift it off.....cut off 3 inches or so of the post and put it back on......seem easier than hauling dirt and tamping etc...

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Why can't you just unbolt it from the post when its empty and cut the top of the post off where its at?

buckpasser

@habersham hammer

The interweb thinks 40” is the appropriate height, so you’re probably all over it. I’ll measure the boss bucks I use at work tomorrow (if I remember) and see what they are.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Too high for a deer to get to it? No way! I think it’s perfect!

frankwright

I bought one of those gravity feeder adapters to put on my 55 gallon drum mounted to a tree. I am tired of buying motors every year and with no hogs it doesn't matter.
I had an old plastic drum with legs and I mounted a different gravity feeder to it and had trouble with coons sitting on the chutes and eating corn. I used some sealer and roofing nails and made their seat awfully uncomfortable.

Latest posts