What happened to Virgin Valley Custom Guns?

Lead Poison

I have had two custom made Encore rifles on order with Virgin Valley Customs Guns for quite some time. Both are prepaid to a total of over $2000.00.

After hearing that the company was closing its business, I called and attempted to speak to Steve Stratton, in order to find out the status of my rifles. All I got was a message on their answering machine stating that Virgin Valley was indeed closing. The message went on to say that the company was in the process of finishing some orders and those that could not be completed would be issued a refund.

Since then, I've tried calling numerous times and I have sent an emails to Virgin Valley, but no one has returned any of my calls.

Does anyone here know what is taking place with Virgin Valley or know of a way to reach anyone there? I don't mind if my rifle orders are not completed, however, I DO at least expect my deposits returned. :banginghe

Ga-Spur

That don't sound good. Did you pay with a credit card? Where are you located and where is the gun shop located?

Lead Poison

They are located in Hurricane, Utah. I was hoping some of the guys here at Woody's might have some information, since many of them love to shoot Encores.

I know Dawn-2-Dusk is a reliable source of information and I think he shoots Encores as well.

The rifles were unfortunately paid for with money orders. I'm still hoping I get either my rifles or a refund. ::;

I guess from now on, I'll use Bullberry, also located in Hurricane, Utah for all custom Encore work.

I'm really worried about this situation. ::huh:

DaddyPaul

Go to www.graybeardoutdoors.com. They have a copy of an email from VVCG's. Some work will be completed but most will not. You will get your deposits back, but I would still make contact with them to be proactive.

bevills1

Hate to hear that about VVCG! I had Encore barrels made by them in 270 WSM and 300 WSM, and both are terrific shooters. Bullberry is another option if they'll make desired calibers, but I was told by Bullberry that they would not do any WSM Encores.

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
I too am sorry to hear about this. Good Luck

Lead Poison

Contact made-Thanks!

Thanks to some help from you guys, I was able to link up with Steve at Virgin Valley.

He said that my 308 should be ready in a couple of weeks and the 280 will be done in the next batch to go out.

Boy-what a relief!!!!!!! :clap: