Whats up with Choke Companies

FootLongDawg

I recently purchased a 20 gauge over/under shotgun for turkey hunting. This is my first 20 gauge and my first o/u. Although the gun came with 5 different chokes, I am looking for an aftermarket choke to use in the "first shot" barrel. I plan on shooting TSS loads, so I have attempted to contact several choke manufactures for advise on the best constrictions, as they all offer various ones in 20 gauge. When I attempted to contact several of the well known companies without naming any names, one company did not answer the phone, one said leave a message and they would return my call, but never did, the last had me fill out my questions on line but never got back with me. I just find it very surprising that these guys don't make an attempt to get back with potential customers.

280 Man

Banned
Not making excuses for them but we are living in a different time today. Covid 19 has most companies staffed well below what would be needed and wait times are measured in days not minutes. Like it or not its our new normal for the foreseeable future

chuckdog

Not making excuses for them but we are living in a different time today. Covid 19 has most companies staffed well below what would be needed and wait times are measured in days not minutes. Like it or not its our new normal for the foreseeable future

You're likely spot on with the cause of their lack of response.

It may be new, but I'll never accept it as normal.

Reactions: Dub

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Sum toy is who I’ve used in the past and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

FootLongDawg

Have you called Jebs in Hazlehurst?

Yep. I bought one from them 2 years ago. Nice folks. Now no response. I'm going to try again with all these companies again this week. There may be a legitimate reason why I got no responses. I really just started this thread to see if others were having trouble making contact, and apparently the answer is no.

Last edited:

FootLongDawg

I made up my mind that the first company that got back with me would get my business. And the winner is......Indian Creek Choke systems. Thanks for all of your input

Dub

When a staple like toilet paper gets scarce for months.......not much else surprises me.

COVID19 has impacted every type of business.