What I noticed at Eastman Gun Show in Gainesville on Sunday

uga_alum_93

First of all, I don't know if they were trying to limit the crowd or keep possible protestors away but they held it in a very bad location in Gainesville. Bad neighborhood, old building and barely any signage on the road so you could find the old strip mall. Not a lot of attendees but I was told that Saturday was packed. Ammo was going faster than the guns. It seemed like with seasoned shooters, preppers, etc. ammo is paramount. Therefore, the most popular tables were the ammo tables and that was the most positive part of my experience. You could get ammo there. There was plenty of .223 and 5.56 but the average was about .80 per round. I saw dozens and dozens of boxes of 25 for $20 a piece and that seemed to be the going rate. I was looking for .30 Carbine and I found plenty. One box of 50 was $40 (.80 per - same as the AR rounds). However, I did find some old military-grade FMJ for .40 per round ($40 for 100). Not a lot of hunting shotguns or rifles...I was told to expect those at the Fall shows. There were plenty of AR-styled rifles which was a surprise. Anyway, if you need to find something that you can't find at your local dealer or chain store, gun shows rarely disappoint. It wasn't the best show but it was worth the trip up I-985. See you in Gwinnett next week...maybe.

donblfihu

Who put the show on and where's the one this weekend the 29,30

uga_alum_93

Who put the show on and where's the one this weekend the 29,30

The Gwinnett Fairgrounds off Sugarloaf in Lawrenceville. I think it has a prepper/self defense focus this week. Just type in Georgia Gun Shows in a search engine. Sorry, I don't have specifics in front of me.

JeffinPTC

I ordered 2 of these M1 carbine cans from SG Ammo, and then a buddy ordered one. All good.

Ammo is in great condition. Haven't fired any though. I'm saving.

transfixer

Thanks. Have you ordered from SGA before?

I've ordered from SGammo multiple times before, never an issue, prior to the pandemic panic they've always had good prices, usually buy from them or Outdoorlimited

I've always kept plenty of ammo for my guns I consider defense weapons, so I have no need to buy any now, but there is no way I'm paying 80 cents a round for stuff that used to sell for 25 to 35 cents a round. The trader is full of ads for ammo, people trying to sell stuff anywhere from 75 cents a round to as much as $1.50 a round, I hope no one is buying at those prices,, thats just crazy